Senior Software Engineer
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Software Engineer
Fort Worth, Texas
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:This position is for an experienced Software Engineer, within the Systems Architecture organization, to increase the performance and realism of existing simulation models and algorithms for the F-35 program. This role will be critical to developing and performance tuning the operational realism in the simulation models and modular open systems architecture common services to support design, development, integration and test of advanced capabilities on the F-35 platform. Additionally, these technical solutions will be integrated into a common product baseline supporting multiple F-35 end users such as test and training. The candidate will collaborate with other engineering functional teams and software development teams as well as with external customers. The successful candidate will be a part of a high-performing multi-site team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, with excellent time-management and interpersonal skills.
The candidate will be responsible for all phases of software development. The candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated.
The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required. Experience with C/C++ is required. Experience with XML based open standards, modular open systems architectures, Graphical User Interfaces (GUI), and Agile processes and tools is highly desired. The candidate should have experience with all phases of the Software Engineering Process from requirements generation, through development, integration, and test.
• Bachelor's level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or related field and relevant software engineering work experience.
• Experience with C or C++
• Final Secret Clearance Required Prior to Start
• Experience with Agile SW Development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
• Flight Simulation Experience
• Experience with software languages such as C++, Python 3, Java
• Familiar with the concepts of DevSecOps
• Experience with container virtualization technologies (docker, podman, etc...)
• Experience with infrastructure as code approaches (ansible)
• Experience with GitLab, Atlassian, Ansible, Cucumber Test, 3DX, qTest, Java, or Python
• XML knowledge
• Service Oriented Architecture Knowledge
• Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• UML tools (e.g. Rational Rose, Rhapsody)
• Configuration Management Systems (e.g. Git)
• Software Development Tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Eclipse)
• Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
• Requirements generation and system interface development
• System test and Integration experience
• Modular Open Mission Systems Development
• Experience with 6DOF simulations
• HLA/DIS/DDS experience Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.