Scientific Software Developer (Level 2)
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Scientific Software Developer (Level 2)
Fort Worth, Texas
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The Skunk Works Signature (Stealth) team needs a junior level software engineer / computer scientist. This new hire will fill a capability vacancy and provide critical help in: (1) software programming, (2) new code testing; (3) benchmarking of new code components and algorithms; (4) software documentation and training; and (5) deploying, tuning and performance optimization of complex software to standard engineering workstations and high-performance computing environments.
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE) for a position with the Fort Worth Advanced Development Programs Codes and Tools team to develop, test, deploy and maintain Signature (Stealth) codes and tools. The SDE must work well in a team environment, have excellent writing and presentation skills, have good interpersonal skills, and be able to work effectively under a deadline. The SDE responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and review scientific software test requirements, and test documentation
• Identify causes of software and hardware failures and corrective actions to mitigate issues
• Interface with engineering counterparts
• Perform testing of new CEM codes, and benchmarking of new code components and algorithms
• Contributing to scientific software documentation and training tools
• Deploy, tune, and optimize complex software running on engineering workstations and high-performance computing (HPC) environments
• Software programming
A level 2 employee Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 1-2 years of software development experience or a master’s degree in Computer Science
• Experience with scientific programming languages, e.g., C/C++, Python, CUDA
• Strong ability to analyze, debug and maintain the integrity of an existing and evolving code base
• Experience with the MPI and OpenMP programming models for parallelization
• Experience with a variety of software build/install tools (e.g., Makefile, CMake etc.)
• Experience developing software in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices, e.g., coding standards, unit testing, configuration management
• Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments and related technologies
• Background in Computational Electro Magnetics (CEM (as a user or developer), or other scientific computing experience
• Background in Infrared (IR), Radar Cross Section (RCS), or understanding of electromagnetic scattering
• Strong communication skills and problem-solver
• Good organization skills and ability to multitask Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Scientist Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.