Quality Engineer Senior (Level 3)
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Quality Engineer Senior (Level 3)
Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Quality Engineer Senior (Level 3)
This position will be in the Air Vehicle and Mission Systems (AV&MS) Supplier Quality Management (SQM) team with responsibilities of supplier team integration and reports to the Associate Manager of AV&MS SQM. Candidate will be located in the Valencia, California area.
The SQE functions as a Quality Engineer within the SQM integration teams across the product life cycle of multiple programs and technology domains. Scope of responsibility also includes; quality and cost data analysis, root cause corrective and preventive action, variation management actions, supplier quality integration tasks, along with area or multiple area improvement strategy and planning. Responsible and accountable for initiating effective methods and improvements that drive and improve overall quality performance reducing area defects and scrap, rework, and repair cost to minimum as measured and trended by quality diagnostic measurement system. Will collaborate with various functions and leaders to achieve objectives.
Goals of the selected SQE are:
• Accepts purchased products to support program development, production, and sustainment on behalf of LM Aero.
• To ensure long-term defect reduction/elimination to reduce cost of poor quality associated with procured products.
• To ensure long-term supplier compliance to contractual quality requirements, as they relate to LM Aero product.
• Scope includes suppliers of system commodities, as well as both build-to-print and design-authority contracts.
The selected candidate will be accountable for collaborating with executive leadership at the supplier sites and at LM Aero to solve technical and contractual issues, and ensuring execution is aligned with the quality and affordability goals set by the LM Aero programs.
• The position requires about 30-50% travel within the United States (primarily California).
• Based on supplier performance, location of work may change after 18-24 months.
• Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
• Bachelor’s Degree or above.
• Minimum 2 years experience in Quality Management Systems, e.g., International (ISO), National (AS) standards.
• Experience performing complete root cause/corrective and / or preventive action as related to supplier performance.
• Experience evaluating supplier performance.
• STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) degree
• Certified Quality Engineer
• Project Management training / experience
• Proven ability to work independently
• Conflict resolution training /experience
• Greenbelt / Black belt certification
• Working technical knowledge of Electrical or Fluid Systems design or manufacturing process and techniques
• Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills
• Ability to tactfully achieve desired actions
• Must be a US Citizen Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.