Plasma Physicists Research Scientist
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Plasma Physicists Research Scientist
Fort Worth, Texas
Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and its research and development line-of-business, The Skunk Works, seeks a Plasma Physicists Research Scientist. Successful applicants will be capable of both independent work as well as supporting and possibly leading multidisciplinary projects and teams. The candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter capable of learning quickly and thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The candidate's primary responsibilities will include:
- Plasma physics, including thermal non-equilibrium effects
- Prior experience in plasma-wave interactions
- Conducting initial trade studies of for new technologies/concepts
- Develop and execute experiments in a manufacturing and laboratory environment.
- Develop and apply advanced computational models
- Planning and leading technology development projects
- Collaborate with external experts across academia and government research labs to contribute and advance state of the art
The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be capable of presenting their work to management and customer representatives. The candidate should be comfortable reaching out to DOD customers to present technological solutions.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Proficient understanding of plasma physics for low-temperature plasmas
- Experience simulating and measuring electromagnetic waves in plasmas for diagnostics, RF transmission, and heating
- Experience in plasma modeling and simulation
- Experience with the computation and use of plasma permittivity tensors
- Experience in a laboratory environment with hands-on experience with basic tools, laboratory equipment, and general electric diagnostic equipment
-PhD in Physics, Astrophysics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance
The following skills are highly desired but not required:
- Experience working on DoD programs (or other USGOV funded development)
- Experience with hypersonic flight analysis and modeling
- Coursework or experience in plasma chemistry/non-equilibrium effects
- Proficient with computational modeling tools (COMSOL, ANSYS)
- Familiarity with military aircraft systems or other DoD platforms
- General interest in aviation, aerospace, and/or novel R&D Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Scientist Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.