IT Category Manager Sr
Fort Worth, Texas; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado; Orlando, Florida
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
IT Category Manager Sr
Fort Worth, Texas; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado; Orlando, Florida
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Lockheed Martin requires a robust IT infrastructure that enables team collaboration and innovation. The Global Supply Chain Organization seeks an Information Technology (IT) Category Management Sr to lead contracting efforts for Lockheed Martin's Indirect IT infrastructure services
What does this role look like?
In this role you will:
- Develop a global sourcing strategy for assigned IT commodities and strategic customers across all business areas; define the project scope, facilitate execution, and identify savings opportunities to provide differentiating value for Lockheed Martin.
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, terms and conditions and evaluation criteria, prepare bid packages, analyze and evaluate proposals, and negotiate subcontract provisions for the procurement of IT materials, equipment, and services.
- Collaborate with Business Area and Enterprise-wide, cross-functional teams of supply chain, component engineering, quality, finance, and business operations professionals to analyze supply base risks & opportunities, support program needs, identify new sources of supply and maximize the horizontal strength for value within the specific category.
- Negotiate and manage complex contracts, corporate agreements, software license agreements, and relationships with suppliers.
Act as the main focal point for all matters pertaining to the assigned categories and customers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of category market space and supplier base to establish effective supplier relationships to drive innovative strategies that enhance performance.
- You will be expected maintain ownership of orders from conception to closeout, including assistance with invoice and tax issues as well as receiving support.
The ideal candidate is considered experienced who proactively problem solves and engages with a wide network of trusted stakeholders for guidance.
This role will offer the following daily challenges
- Effectively manage customer expectations and execute multiple strategic competing, complex projects and tactical tasks concurrently with limited supervision
- Partner with internal customers and suppliers to shape, negotiate, and execute Enterprise-level IT corporate agreements
- Support customer meetings, strategy discussions, and provide project status and guidance/direction to LM customers on procurement related issues and GSCO procedures
- Interface with senior leadership, program management, and multiple stakeholders to build working business relationships within Lockheed Martin personnel across multiple disciplines including Operations, Program Management, Contracts, Finance, Quality, etc.
- Source and solicit bids from vendors, matching customer needs and Enterprise small business goals
- Lead negotiations of both LMCO terms and terms submitted from outside organizations
- Build and release purchase orders using a variety of ERP and procurement tools
- Ensure PO folder documentation meets compliance requirements of the LM Commercial Acquisition Procedures (CAP) or LM Acquisition Procedures (LMAP) and other Global Supply Chain and corporate policy and procedures
- Investigate delivery and receipt issues to drive timely PO closure and vendor payment
Participate in special assignments/projects on cross functional teams
- Identify and embrace automation opportunities and new technology in the supply chain process.
Who will you collaborate with?
- IT Category Mangers, Buyers, and all levels of leadership
- Procurement System Administrators
IT Asset Managers, Purchase Requisition Analysts, and Material Planners
- Internal Lockheed customers including Business Area IT and functional leadership, Program Managers, Engineers, IT program and project managers, finance and other end users
- Accounts Payable, State and Local Tax Representatives
- Supply Chain Compliance and Contracts team members
- Suppliers and Reseller contacts
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of supply chain or procurement experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or equivalent experience/combined education
- Proven business and technology acumen
- Background in IT, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, Contracts, or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively work remotely with limited supervision.
- Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain Experience
- Negotiation skills/experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with ERP tools such as - Procure to Pay, SAP, or similar (explain)
- Experience working with collaboration tools like Skype, Slack, Confluence, Box or similar (explain)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze a problem and recommend solutions.
- ISM, APICS, or equivalent certification
Project Management experience Clearance Level: None Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $76,100 - $126,900 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleWork Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Purchasing/Procurement/Supply Chain Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.