Cyber Architect Senior Staff (Level 5)Apply Now Job ID: 526610BR Date posted: May. 11, 2020 Locations: Fort Worth, Texas | Marietta, Georgia | Palmdale, California
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
The Cyber Architect candidate is responsible for ensuring that cyber security requirements are properly defined, decomposed, allocated, assessed, and implemented into a system architecture to produce a cyber-resilient security design solution for the target platform (Air System or Weapon System). This includes participating in working groups, design reviews, and formal artifact reviews alongside other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the overall platform; and providing security expertise to ensure that cyber security is considered early in the product development lifecycle.
Applicant is expected to lead a range of cyber risk analysis and security assessment methods; identify and define appropriate patches and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to address cyber vulnerabilities, feature changes, or obsolescence; develop documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to obtain Authorizations to Operation (ATOs) in support of program schedules; and drive Plans of Actions and Milestones (POAMs) to mitigate open cyber risks.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with a range of audiences, technical and non-technical, and will function effectively on an engineering team to create a collaborative and inclusive environment that allows for the establishment of mission goals, itemized planning of tasks, and prioritization of tasks that drives the efficient execution of objectives.
Must be a US citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance updated within the last 6 years to be considered.
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Security, or Information Technology – or equivalent applied experience
- Experience utilizing Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253, and NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) to design and harden information systems commensurate with customer needs
- Experience analyzing, decomposing, and allocating security controls into executable security requirements at the system, sub-system and component level
- Experience developing security architecture representations (e.g. Accreditation Boundaries, Physical Diagrams, Logical Diagrams, Functional Diagrams, and Rack Layouts), system design modeling (UML, SysML, Rhapsody, Cameo, MagicDraw), as well as requirements management
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining core security documentation artifacts for A&A Packages including Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plan (SSP) and/or Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures (IA SOP), Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and Risk Assessment Report (RAR).
- Experience with the development and sustainment of real-time embedded systems (avionics systems or similar)
- Experience with engineering change processes and/or configuration control processes
- Experience with secure software development concepts (e.g. static code analysis, dynamic code analysis, STIG/SRG hardening, etc.) as applied to high-level programming languages (C, C++, Java)
- IASAE Level III – IAW 8570 or higher certification (CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP)
- TOGAF 9 certified, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Cisco Certified Architect
- Background/knowledge working with information systems/environments that utilize the Open Mission Systems (OMS) standard and Universal Command and Control Standards Initiative (UCI) message set
- Experience with Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems (e.g. GreenHills INEGRITY, LynxOS, VxWorks, Yocto)
- Extensive knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Experience developing certification test procedures (CTPs) and executing customer witnessed security assessments utilizing NIST 800-53A assessment methods
- Expertise/knowledge in both compliance testing and penetration testing methodologies.
- Experience with Agile project management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience with DoD 5205.07 V1-4: SAPF manuals and applying it to engineered solutions.
- Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members
- Experience conducting technical trade studies and assessments
- Experience with creating and presenting technical information to senior-level executives and customers
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) and have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working in an aerospace design environment with exposure to DoD customers and their accrediting authorities.
- Ability to travel as required
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Information Security/Information AssuranceClearance Level: SecretType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su offShift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.