Aircraft Field Service Engineering Associate Mgr, F-35 Program, Italy
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Aircraft Field Service Engineering Associate Mgr, F-35 Program, Italy
Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team to lead a team of Field Support Engineers (FSE) assigned to Amendola AB, Italy in support of the F-35 program. The selected candidate will not be required to relocate to Greenville, SC but will deploy from their current location.
This position will also perform as an F-35 Mission Systems (MS)/Avionics (AVS), Supportable Low Observable (SLO)/Structures or Vehicle Systems Field Service Engineer (FSE). Other related responsibilities include:
• FSE Responsibilities: The candidate will act as part of the Lockheed Martin Field Team Operations technical interface to the on-site Customer (both Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from maintenance and modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft. Accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of difficulties experienced in the field. Attend debriefings, to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime. Document all unusual operational / maintenance problems to ensure the company is apprised of and can identify emerging failure trends. Initiate Action Requests (ARs). Identifying unique operational problems that require technical, procedural, or quality assurance actions to resolve. Provide on-site assistance to company and Customer personnel initiating ARs. Provide training to Customer personnel. Must be able to work with and interact with the maintainer as well as the professional engineers from other F-35 companies as a peer.
• Some travel required; candidates must be willing and able to deploy with Customer personnel to the Continental United States (CONUS), Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) and hazardous duty locations. Long term deployments may be required. US Department of Defense (DoD) mandated vaccinations may be required.
Applicant must be able to work and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment, as this position involves significant and continued interface with customer personnel at all levels. Provide support for the assigned site on aircraft ground maintenance and operational limitations. Direct on-site support as requested by customer, site manager or program management. Manage and track multiple engineering and logistics support activities, providing periodic status to Customer and Program Management.
• FSE Manager Responsibilities: The candidate will manage Field Support Engineers (FSE) located at Amendola AB and the Italian Ship Cavour. The FSE manager will ensure employees comply with technical direction provided by the AFS site lead & AFS Sr Manager in order to perform to the expectations of the contractual requirements. The manager will be responsible for employee selection/hiring, training, employee performance assessments, and customer relationship management (ensuring LM Aero and customers are satisfied with services FSEs are providing). Must be willing to deploy, as required, for a long-term assignment, work any shift, and weekends.
• Must have an active Secret Security Clearance. Must be able to obtain F-35 Program access. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• 5 years Fighter aircraft experience in one of the following three areas: Mission Systems/Avionics, SLO/Structures, or Vehicle Systems
• 3 years minimum F-35 Field Service Engineer (FSE)experience
• Experience leading a project or team
• Technical report writing skills
• Experience with drawing/schematic reading/interpretation.
• Must possess demonstrated experience with Fault isolation and problem analysis, at the subsystem level.
The following Desired Skills are not required, but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• 5 years of experience as an F-35 Field Support Engineer (FSE) in one of the following three areas: Mission Systems/Avionics, SLO/Structures or Vehicle Systems
• Experience leading teams, both on-site and virtual
• Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license
• Fighter aircraft maintenance experience.
• Hands-on experience in military systems & repair.
• Good knowledge of CATIA, System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE), and Product Data Module.
• Experience with Fleet AirCraft Tactical Operations Reporting System (FACTORS) and Jet Anomaly Reporting and Visualization Integration System (JARVIS) Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Product Support Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.