Aircraft Escape System EngineerApply Now Job ID: 530284BR Date posted: Jun. 19, 2020 City: Fort WorthState: Texas Program: KF-X
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, our customers include both the United States Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X escape system development and provide technical engineering assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea. The selected candidate will deploy from their current location and will not have to relocate to Fort Worth, Texas. The selected candidate will have high proficiency in escape system elements including ejection seat, canopy jettison system, sled testing, and associated hardware and software related to Pilot Vehicle Interface (PVI).
Responsibilities shall include, but will not be limited to:
Escape System Design:
• Review ejection seat function details and configuration for single and tandem aircraft.
• Review canopy jettison system performance, considering canopy systems’ dynamics.
• Review canopy jettison dynamic simulation results.
• Review airworthiness criteria on escape system in the area of safety and reliability.
• Review escape system qualification and maintenance program.
• Review escape system PVI assessment: integration of pilot flight equipment including life support system, helmet mounted display system, flight gears with escape system and considering human subject anthropometry.
• Review escape system PVI assessment result and suggest improvement for escape system and pilot flight equipment configuration.
• Provide subject matter evaluation of escape system elements, through the development, analysis, integrated test, aircraft ground and flight test phases.
Sled Test and Sled Forebody Design:
• Review sled forebody design and sled test rig interface.
• Review sled test matrix and flight safety concerns.
• Review safety of flight criteria for escape system including flight test program and component qualification.
• Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment. The current salaries of internal candidates from Lockheed Martin will also be taken into consideration.
• Must be a US citizen. Must be able to obtain a visa and deploy to Korea.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience in military aircraft escape systems
• Experience and skills mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience in escape system design and test including canopy jettison system
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues
• Exceptional skills to mentor and train other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Experienced sled test evaluation and seat/canopy trajectory analysis
• Experienced in integration between seat and escape system related Line Replaceable Units (LRUs)
• Experience in personal survival kit, pilot flight equipment selection
• Experience in airworthiness certification of cockpit/escape system
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Aeronautical EngineeringType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.