Air Vehicle Health Management Systems Engineer - Level 4
Fort Worth, Texas; Marietta, Georgia
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Air Vehicle Health Management Systems Engineer - Level 4
Fort Worth, Texas; Marietta, Georgia
Description:Our customers include both the U.S. Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for up-and-coming engineers seeking a place to make their mark – or for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you
• Primary role is Systems Engineering Development on the Diagnostics Health Management (DHM) and Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) team with a technical focus on component predictive health. The role includes activities in Systems Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Science, and Project Engineering / Technical Subcontract Management.
• Primary responsibility is to perform systems engineering activities to develop integrated vehicle health management (IVHM) capabilities for on-board and/or off-board diagnostics and/or prognostics capabilities. Specifically, responsible for supporting the identification, development and delivery of component predictive health and life usage algorithms software and data products.
• Additional responsibilities include system level evaluation and testing of capability functions, assessing operational performance at flight test, and identifying and planning capability maturation opportunities.
• Primary Tasks include system engineering activities related to specifying, architecting, modeling, testing and sustaining the integrated vehicle health management capability for a military air vehicle development program.
• Tasks and responsibilities will require technical leadership for a small development team and collaboration with leadership, program management, hardware engineering teams, software development team, and vendors.
• Data Analysis / Data Science tasks includes supporting the full capability life-cycle with primary focus on developing methods and techniques to identify high value prognostic candidates. This includes developing processes, tools, and methods to measure the fielded performance of prognostic algorithms. This includes developing visualizations to aid in understanding performance and value.
•Project Engineering support tasks include supporting the proposal process; project planning; developing Basis of Estimates (BOE); conducting risk analysis; providing proposal support and preparation of material cost estimating; cost management; schedule management; risk and opportunity management; and customer interface.
•Technical Subcontract Management support tasks include coordination and monitoring of subcontractor RFPs, SOWs, deliverables, schedule, and products including defining and tracking supplier data requirements (SDRLs) through acceptance; resolving supplier performance issues; resolving internal programmatic issues that may affect supplier performance; and resolving accounts payable / invoicing issues. Also includes interfacing with, and providing the proper documentation to Subcontract Management and ensuring timely completion and issuing of Purchase Orders to suppliers.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science (STEM)
Experience in systems engineering development and application of tools/practices
Experience in data analysis activities using scripting languages (i.e. Python scripts and/or SQL queries)
• Prefer advanced degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• Experience with Agile Development
• Experience with Condition Based Maintenance (CBM \\ CBM+)
• Highly-motivated, proactive, and able to develop and implement strategy into tactical activities for programs and projects
• Proactive engagement with team members to resolve technical issues
• Experience with data analysis using Python, SQL, Spark, and Tableau
• Expertise in cross-functional collaboration on a multi-discipline team
• Familiarity with standard applied machine learning and data mining techniques.
• System design modeling experience with SysML, UML, DoDAF, UAF in Cameo/MagicDraw or Rhapsody
• Experience developing failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) and built in test (BIT) design
• Experience developing Diagnostic and Failure Reporting capabilities
• Experience with diagnostic modeling in any of the following tool sets; DSI Express, Siemens Xcelerator/MADe, Dassault System 3DX
• Experience with Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
• Demonstrated experience and integration of Aviation Vehicle Systems, Mission Systems, or Air Vehicle software.
• Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, or Diagnostics \\ Prognostics and Health Management capability development in commercial or military aviation
• Experience providing technical guidance and training to team members to achieve project commitments
• Experience developing schedules and project plans
• Requirements development and management at System, Sub-system, and component/software level
• Good problem solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (i.e. the ability to communicate complex analysis with clarity and precision)
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Fort Worth — Texas
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map