Fort Belvoir, Virginia
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This is a ground Operations Engineer/Systems Administrator (OE/SA) position to be fielded at Fort Belvoir. The OE/SA performs general account maintenance, group policy and anti-virus updates, preventative maintenance, and provides Information Assurance (IA) support.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with VOIP maintenance, group Policy updates, updating firewall configurations, remapping NAS partitions, push/install new DAT files, file maintenance, and backups (including backups of Backup Exec, GEMX, and mission data),
Ghosting workstations (HW remove/replace and rebuild workstations), server/workstation physical maintenance (cleaning, vacuuming, etc.), and password updates.
Candidate must have experience with computer networking systems. Strong oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to work within an operations team along with close customer interactions, are a must. Position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts, and techniques. Candidate must possess an ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical
problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Candidate is considered a Subject Matter Expert
(SME) in computer networking systems. Candidate will be required to develop and maintain OE/SA procedures and support the program’s Configuration Management (CM)
process. Candidate conducts frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Position will require 24x7 rotating shift support or periodic off-hour shifts in support of program activities as well as on-call support.
Selected candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance.
Contingent upon award in Summer 2021
• Security+ certification or equivalent
• Significant System Admin knowledge and
experience on Dell/IBM platforms running
• System admin experience with Active
• Experience with SUSE and/or RHEL Linux
• Experience with routers and switches
• Experience maintaining physical and virtual
• Understanding of standard DOD security
practices such as STIG compliance and system
accreditation implementation efforts
* System Admin experience with Backup Exec
* Functional experience with Juniper Firewalls
* System Admin experience with network
storage systems (SAN server / NAS server)
* Experience pushing mission software updates
* Experience trouble-shooting mission software
* Previous experience with operational ground
* Knowledge of satellite systems Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Rotating 40 hour week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.