Thrust Vector Control Design and Integration Lead
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Thrust Vector Control Design and Integration Lead
Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth, and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers.We have opportunities that include sophisticated Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs. Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a dedicated Mechanical Systems Design and Integration Engineer to become a member of the Mechanical Controls Team.
The Thrust Vector Control Design and Integration Leadwill be responsible for leading the team in charge of the design, development, assembly, qualification, and integration of an electromechanical thrust vector control subsystem.
In this role, responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure the Thrust Vector Control Subsystem design satisfies all requirements and is successful integrated into the next higher assembly
• Provide technical program management to subcontractors
• Lead the multidiscipline engineering team toward a common goal of on-time hardware delivery, integration, and successful flight test
• Support integration activities leading to ground test and flight test events
• Support Vehicle level integration and test activities in factory and at Launch Site
• Lead anomaly investigations related to your hardware and drive them to closure
• Travel on an as needed basis
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Electrical or Mechanical system design or test experience with one or more subsystems
• Engineering experience through multiple phases of a subsystem lifecycle, such as:
a.) Concept development, System trade studies and/or System modeling, and requirements definition
b.) Design maturity through preliminary and critical design
c.) Hardware development build and acceptance
d.) Subsystem Integration, Test and Verification
e.) Support to vehicle level test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
f.) Production support and sustainment
• Experience collaborating with a multi-functional team to ensure successful integration of a sophisticated subsystem into vehicle level assemblies
• Technical team leadership experience
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Significant experience with spacecraft/missile design, development, integration, or test, with broad based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
• Fundamentals of Mechanical Design experience
• Fundamentals of Electrical Design experience
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical or electrical HW or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• CAD Proficiency (I-DEAS, Creo, etc.)
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution vital to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the proven track record to apply them to a wide range of sophisticated problems and train others in their application Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $117,000 - $195,000 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.