Sr. Electronics Engineer, Avionics, Hypersonics, CCA Design
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr. Electronics Engineer, Avionics, Hypersonics, CCA Design
Description:Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Englewood CO!
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As an Electronics Engineer, you will lead the development of a sophisticated state-of-the-art Avionics for a hypersonics product in a world class Integrated Product Development environment.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Perform as a Responsible Product Engineer for the development of flight avionics.
• Lead design reviews, Engineering Material Review Board (EMRB) hardware discrepancy decisions and Failure Review Board (FRB) as required.
• Resolve test anomalies and troubleshooting, and generation, review and presentation of Product Certification, and also support system level testing.
• Manage risk and identify mitigation plans to meet productivity, quality, cost, schedule, and mission success objectives.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
• Worked as a Responsible Product Engineer / Product Lead of analog and digital electronics or similar capacity.
Working with Subcontractors and sub-tier suppliers.
• Familiar with other engineering processes, disciplines and Subject Matter Experts.
• Familiarity with processes on failure investigation (root cause analysis, Failure Review Boards, etc.).
• Experience assisting with as-built pedigree and quality documentation reviews.
• Experience supporting the technical evaluation of design and requirements verification.
• Experience in different phases of aerospace electronic component development cycle.
• Experience interacting with peers, management and government customers.
• Proficient in presentations and in written communication skills.
For this position, you will typically have:
• 9-12 years of professional experience for this role.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Basic Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Demonstrated circuit design/analysis understanding.
• System/Subsystem and/or Hardware (Unit/Assembly/Component) design, integration, test, and/or verification experience.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
Desired skills :
• Demonstrated understanding of Electrical or Electronics theories and principles
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, and experience presenting to peers, leadership, and/or customers
• Must be adaptable to new situations and demonstrate self-initiative in solving complex problems.
• Experienced at leading teams through challenging engineering and/or programmatic issues
• Ability to interpret and create electrical schematics in tools such as Zuken
• Experience in modeling and analysis tools such as OrCAD Pspice and/or Saber
• Development lab experience
• Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment
• Electrical/Electronics design, integration, test, and verification on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Experience doing PWB/PCB and CCA design
• Experience in Worst Case Analysis (WCA)
• Experienced at conducting failure analysis on Electronics (CCA, Unit, and System Level)
• Demonstrated ability to identify Root Cause and effectively perform Corrective Actions
• Demonstrated experience related to the design, integration and verification of Electrical Power generation, regulation, and distribution systems.
• Knowledge of Battery Technologies, cell balancing techniques, battery management
• Understanding of Grounding Schemes used on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Experience in Special Test Equipment (STE) design and/or utilization
• Understanding of Bus Architectures such as Ethernet, Serial (RS-422, RS-485)
• Knowledge on Telemetry h/w is desired Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. "Pay Rate:
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $97,500 - $186,900 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible." Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electrical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.