Hypersonics Business Development Senior Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Hypersonics Business Development Senior Manager
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Our Business Development organization is seeking a Hypersonics Business Development Senior Manager to maximize Lockheed Martin's role on the current and next generation Hypersonic-Strike related programs and forging critical relationships with customers, industry teammates, and national labs.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Develop overall strategic objectives and long-range goals within the Hypersonic Strike Programs mission area
Lead keep-sold activities for current generation of hypersonic strike programs including Long-Range Hypersonic Weapon (LRHW) for the Army and Conventional Prompt Strike (CPS) for the Navy
• Develop and lead the campaign to extend the current hypersonic strike work for LRHW and CPS into follow-on phases.
• Collaborate with international counterparts to begin defining international markets and partnerships to begin planting the seeds for future growth
• Develop outstanding relationships with External and Internal Customers across the portfolio of hypersonic strike pursuits to include government stakeholders, industry partners, and national labs
• Closely partner with Advanced Programs to strategically align strategies and technologies to enable long term growth within hypersonics
• Represent Space as part of the Strategy IPT of the Hypersonic Strike Executive Steering Committee, establishing and driving cross-BA initiatives to secure our Enterprise position in hypersonics.
• 10+ years of experience in Business Development or Capture Management with proposal development experience
• At least 4 years of demonstrated team leadership that includes proven communication and presentation skills, effective decision making, building consensus, conflict resolution, and sustaining the team's energy and commitment
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
• US Citizenship and Interim Secret clearance required prior to start with the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance.
• Proven full spectrum leadership behaviors including shaping future, building effective relationships, energizing the team, delivering results, and modeling ethical behavior
• Proven experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
• Good understanding of the Hypersonic Strike organizations (Navy Strategic Programs and Army RCCTO)
• Understanding of the LM cross-enterprise hypersonic strike pursuits and personnel
• 10 plus years of aerospace and defense industry experience that includes developing business strategies focused on customer values
• Ability to think strategically and manage the development of long-range objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic opportunities and issues that could affect growth and profitability
• Ability to apply Customer Value Proposition/ Value Delivery system approach to develop and execute strategies for program capture and sustainment
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams in developing and delivering superior products with constrained schedules and resources
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of our many benefits:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits . Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.