Flight Systems / Avionics Project Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Flight Systems / Avionics Project Engineer
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers.
We have opportunities that include sophisticated Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions.
This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field several future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs. Is your forte technical leadership? If this sounds like you, Lockheed Martin has a Project Engineer role on CPS that might be just right!
As a Project Engineer, you will:
• Apply Lockheed Martin's technical processes, tools and validated methodologies to ensure the on-time completion of engineering phases and tasks including design, assembly, test and qualification.
• Work closely with Avionics/RF subcontractors to ensure on-time completion of their tasks and deliverables. Coordinate effective communication between CPS AV/RF engineers and subcontractors and hold each accountable to meet their commitments.
• Proactively identify risks and develop and drive mitigation plans.
• Help develop timely resolution plans for issues and drive the successful execution thereof.
• Work closely with our Production and Test Services Centers. Facilitate effective communication between CPS AV/RF engineers and Production and Test leads.
This position is in one of the Coolest places to work: Englewood, Colorado.
Successful candidates typically hold a Bachelor's Degree with 14+ years of professional experience.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering, science or related technical field from an accredited college, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• 5+ years of leadership experience.
• Experience related to missile, launch vehicle and/or space vehicle development.
• Program/Project Management and/or Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience with the ability to articulate complex technical and programmatic issues to subordinates, peers, management and customers.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance, thus US Citizenship is required.
• CPS program experience.
• Experience in all phases of development life cycle for missile and/or launch vehicle programs and supporting production of missile, launch vehicle, spacecraft or aircraft hardware.
• Familiarity with configuration control and quality control tools and systems (e.g., EPDM, Q-notes, VRICs) .
• Experience working closely with major subcontractors.
• Active Secret security clearance. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $102,400 - $170,600 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Electronics Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.