Aircraft Field Support Engineer Senior, F-35 Program
Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Aircraft Field Support Engineer Senior, F-35 Program
Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics company as an Aircraft Field Support Engineer Senior on our Aeronautics Field Sustainment (AFS) team. This position will support the F-35 Program at Eielsen Air Force Base, Alaska facility. his position will function as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics technical interface to the on-site customer (Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from maintenance or modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft. The preferred candidate will be a Vehicle System (VS) subject matter expert, Mission Systems (MS) subject matter expert, Supportable Low Observable (SLO) Subject Matter Expert (SME) or be an emerging authority who has the skillset to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of APG/Vehicle Systems or AVS/Mission Systems or Low Observable / Structural repair.
Other job responsibilities include:
• Attending debriefings as required to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that would require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime.
• Fully and completely document all unusual operational/maintenance problems to support identifying emerging failure trends.
• Initiate Action Requests (ARs). Identify unique operational problems that require technical, procedural or quality assurance actions to resolve.
• Provide on-site assistance to company and customer personnel initiating ARs.
• Provide training to customer personnel. Must be willing to work and interact with all level of personnel from maintainer communities to engineers and other companies.
• Candidates must be able to work with and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves significant interface with customer personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and have the ability to establish and maintain a library of technical documentation.
• Manage and track multiple engineering and logistic support activities, providing periodic status to the customer and program management team.
• Must be willing to travel and go on Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY's) as required to support customer requirements. Travel to hazardous locations may be required.
• US Department of Defense (DOD) mandated vaccinations may be required depending on deployment locations.
• Must be willing to work any shift including weekends to support customer needs.
• Candidates must have at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain Final Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to obtain F-35 Special Program Access. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that will require special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Minimum 5 years experience with Vehicle Systems (APG) or Mission Systems (Avionics)
• Military aircraft maintenance experience
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Technical Report writing
• Experience with drawing/schematics reading and interpretation
• Fault Isolation and problem analysis experience at the sub-system level
• Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license
• Military Fighter Aircraft experience
• Knowledge of CATIA & System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE)
• Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience
• Vehicle Systems (APG)/Avionics experience F-22 or F-35 Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Product Support Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.