Cyber Security Engineer Sr
Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Security Engineer Sr
Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Training and Logistics Solutions, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach — and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education.
The RMS Cyber Resiliency (CyRes) organization is looking for a talented Cyber Systems Security Engineer (CSSE) to join our team in Eglin, FL. This position will support F-35 Training & Logistics (T&L) for the Training & Logistics Solutions (TLS) program.
In this role, you will:
· Apply your technical expertise, in a collaborative fashion, to plan, design, develop, validate, and verify cybersecurity solutions across the system lifecycle.
· Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
· Develop, evaluate, and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
· Coordinate with other cybersecurity engineers, system architects, and developers to provide oversight in the development of robust solutions.
· Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
· Employ cybersecurity processes, methods, techniques, and tools and assure their consistent application.
· Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities, as required by customers.
Must be able to travel 20% domestically and 50% telecommute.
Qualified candidate must be able to obtain an Interim DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to starting this position. This requires US Citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering), or equivalent experience, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related master's degree.
• 5+ years of technical systems engineering experience with DOD systems.
• Have an understanding of Networks, Firewalls and Windows device configurations.
Experience with vulnerability scanning tools such as:
(ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIGviewer).
• Experience in decomposing Cyber requirements and applying STIGs- down to the CCI level.
• Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
• Ability to create automated processes through scripting using Python, Powershell, Java, etc.
• Experience with virtualization platforms such as ( VMware, Horizon, vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, Hyper-V, etc.)
• DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security) or ability to achieve certification within 6 months.
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
• Experience with Linux Operating Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8)
• Ability to provide status and communicate effectively with internal and external customers (e.g., Program Management).
• Demonstrated sustained technical or project leadership.
• Ability to apply an adversarial mindset in developing and evaluating cybersecurity countermeasures. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.