Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, F-35 ProgramApply Now Job ID: 529822BR Date posted: Jun. 19, 2020 City: Edwards AFBState: California Program: F-35 Flight Test Programs
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join our Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Team at Edwards Air Force Base, California! This position manages general services, repairs, and overhauls of aircraft to ensure that aircraft are in good mechanical condition and safe for flight.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensures Good House keeping and Safety practices are enforced. Responsible for subordinate training, work assignments, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Directs periodic inspections and general overhaul and repairs or modifications requiring replacement and assembly of parts.
• Provides technical assistance as required.
• Creates and assigns work-orders in the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS).
• Assists in signing off the aircraft release for flight. • Supervises multiple maintenance disciplines in an integrated workforce environment that consists of Military, Government Civil Service, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt and Whitney, General Electric and BAE systems employees.
• Must have at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance. Must be able to obtain a Final Secret Clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• 5 years recent aircraft maintenance experience (must be within the last 10 years)
• Leadership experience
• Microsoft Office software experience
• Experience with such programs as Hazardous Waste Management, Safety, Training, FOD, Security
• Experience reading engineering drawings, blueprints and interpret/translate instructions to specific maintenance mechanics/technicians.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Previously awarded an Air Force, Marine, or Navy 7 to 9 level discipline skill level rating or possess equivalent civilian experience with associated credential such as an licensed FAA “Airframe and Power" plant or Inspector Airframe license
• Flight test experience
• Fighter aircraft experience
• Experience developing work schedules for employees
• Multi-system aircraft trained and certified
• Experience certifying the training of employees on various aircraft related systems.
• Ability to work in a flexible schedule environment
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: ManagementType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: Second Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.