Research Engineer - Embedded Development
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Research Engineer - Embedded Development
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Research Engineer - Photonics and Advanced Computing
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs
Eagan, MN - St. Paul Metro Area
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the advanced computing asset of Lockheed Martin Corporation – a global enterprise with core businesses in systems integration, space, aeronautics, and technology services. The mission at the Advanced Technology Laboratories is to enhance the Corporation’s competitive edge. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply “cutting edge” technologies. We perform applied research in advanced signal processing, physics, acoustics and optical, wireless and networking.
This assignment involves embedded software, firmware, and hardware development to control photonic systems, RF systems, and/or advanced computing systems. Candidates will lead and partake in small, focused development teams in order to create real world solutions using scientific first principles into innovative designs for applied technologies.
In this role you will apply theoretical and practical proficiencies with electrical engineering principles and tools to solve hard problems related to global security. Professional experience and strong proficiency with one or more of the following technical skillsets is required:
* Verilog or VHDL for FPGA design, including their associated toolsets.
* MATLAB, Simulink, and/or similar modeling and simulation tools.
* C, C++, or Python for embedded system development.
Hands on experience with photonics and/or high frequency RF systems is preferred.
Candidates would work on one or more of the following topics:
* Embedded processing and algorithms for military applications.
* Design, testing and integration of high performance ruggedized photonic/fiber optic systems.
* Lead or support modeling and simulation efforts related to these systems.
* Lead or support electrical and/or software design efforts related to these systems
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
* Strong proficiency with electrical and computer engineering theoretical principles.
* Professional experience in the modeling, simulation, and implementation of FPGA designs using Verilog and/or VHDL, and associated toolsets; and/or professional experience in embedded software development using C, C++, or Python; and/or proficiency with MATLAB, Simulink, or similar modeling and simulation tools.
*Ability to obtain a DoD clearance, eligibility for which requires US Citizenship.
* Theoretical or practical experience with RF applications such as Radar, Communications and/or Electronic Warfare.
* Theoretical or practical experience with optics and photonics.
* Proficiency with electrical design tools such as Cadence, Mentor, or similar.
* Prior experience or exposure to ASIC design flows.
* Proficiency with electrical circuit analysis tools such as Spice or similar.
* Digital circuit design experience.
* Analog circuit design experience.
* Active Secret clearance.
* Experience in an R&D environment.
* Experience in proposal writing, particularly for DoD customers. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY LABSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electronics Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.