At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Join Lockheed Martin's team that crafts and builds the current and future generation of space systems that creatively combines satellite technology, sophisticated sensors, and data processing to provide crucial global infrared data 24/7. This mission advises Presidential decisions and defends the US and its allies in a rapidly evolving environment. Help us advance our OPIR designs and deliver survivable satellites with nuclear-hardened electronics, sophisticated communications, resiliency and cyber security. OPIR is a mission area where you can make big things happen and solve some of the country’s hardest problems. Come join a team that has a vision for the future of space and knows what it takes to get there.
This position is for the SBIRS Contractor Operations Support (KOS) team in Denver, CO performing technical planning, readiness and rehearsal planning and execution. It combines engineering day staff assignments with hands-on 24X7 satellite console operations which includes mission- and program-specific simulated and real-time satellite flight operations during development, rehearsal, readiness, Launch and Early On-Orbit Test (L&EOT) execution and evaluation phases for the GEO 5 and 6 satellites. Combining the successful candidate’s engineering background with hands-on satellite and ground station support will result in achieving steep learning curves while gaining a systems approach to solve challenges.
The process of learning will begin under the daily guidance of the Training Branch with two months of full-time training on the operational satellite console culminating in becoming a qualified GEO and HEO Systems Crew Chief (SCCH). During SCCH training, all actions in the KOS Satellite Operations Center will be trained which includes other roles and responsibilities of Satellite Systems Operator (SSO), Ground Systems Operator (GSO), Mission Management, Satellite Systems Engineer (SSE), and LEOT Crew Lead (LCL). Following your SCCH qualification, you will transition into the Engineering Division to utilize your engineering discipline with your operational expertise to apply fixes and improvements to current processes and procedures while also developing completely new ways to improve operations.
This position is truly unique in that it integrates day staff engineering roles and responsibilities with hands-on console operations. If you want to build a better car, you must first learn to drive one – that is our approach and it provides a direct path to a higher level of understanding of satellite engineering and operations culminating in a systems thinking mindset.
If you have a strong desire to hyper-accelerate your learning and knowledge of satellite engineering and operations, this job is a perfect fit for you!
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate across organizational divisions to conduct systems engineering assessments of operational requirements to ensure proper balance of technical details so that the program can meet schedule demands
• Provide technical support for Rehearsals, System Tests, and on-orbit operations for Launch, Early Orbit Testing, and anomaly resolution
• Help design products and procedures to adapt to new ground and satellite system requirements and architectures
• Typically work daytime shift hours (9X80A Flex) during readiness planning and training activities but requires off-shift and weekend support during exercises, rehearsals, and the Launch/Orbit Raising/Test operations
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some benefits you can enjoy:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
• Current Final Top Secret security clearance, with ability to achieve and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
• Satellite Ground System and TT&C experience
• Previous experience with Launch and Early Orbit Testing
• Well-organized, self-starter able to take direction and works well both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision while leading teams to include collaborating across the SBIRS enterprise
• Ability to navigate multiple competing priorities
• Ability to make recommendations on operational and engineering improvements
• Willingness to take on any task regardless of complexity
• Ability to certify in multiple operational positions
• Ability to communicate effectively with local management, both customer and program, and remotely located personnel
• Previous operational and mission management certification is considered a plus
• Basic understanding of the behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Current TS/SCI security clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.