Software Engineer - Full Stack
Denver, Colorado; Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Denver, Colorado; Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
CSI (Common Services Integration) / J-EDGE Program: You will be part of a small development team which provides a national customer with the ability for users to research, establish and govern models that can be interpreted by machines or other systems to establish a coordinated intelligence approach. The CSI program is looking for an experienced full-stack Software Engineer to drive full software end to end product support including: Front End UI development, GOTS integration, data ingest, transformation and correlation, and backend integration.
Utilizing state of the art commercial standard methodologies for front-end development, automated testing, continuous integration, automated deployment, distributed CM, and modern development tools, you will participate in developing and maintaining custom user interfaces (UIs) and system capabilities for external data services. You will progress these interfaces and system capabilities from early design through site acceptance with a focus on software reuse, GOTS/COTS/FOSS integrations, and innovative, affordable best practices.
Full-stack development duties include coordination with the customer, users, systems engineering and development team, and program management office to enable user driven mission configurations and data discovery to expose services and capabilities to users. Additionally, you will work with team to capture and mitigate appropriate design risk and opportunities.
As a member of a high-performing team, you must be passionate about your trade, focused on mission and system quality, and encouraging of timely delivery of features and capabilities.
You must demonstrate effective technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate demonstrates the ability to drive and energize a team of multiple skills and job disciplines across several projects or task orders. The successful candidate demonstrates enjoyment for the opportunities to have frequent interactions with teammates in other geographical locations
Direct tangible experience and understanding leading front-end software engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes and practices. Duties include sharing subject matter expertise, supporting facilitation of release and sprint planning activities, escalation and removal of team impediments, management of risk and the drive for continuous improvement
Demonstrated strong background in full lifecycle of Software Engineering
• Test, Verification, and Deployment Experience
• Configuration Management Experience
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Experience supporting reviews (ex. peer reviews, code reviews, engineering reviews)
• Active TS clearance with SCI access needed to meet the requirements set forth by our customer.
• AWS certifications/experience
• Scrum\\\\SAFe\\\\Agile experience
• Continuous Integration\\\\Automated Testing\\\\DevOps
• Experience with Full Stack Development
o Other Development Languages, (such as: Python)
o Database (such as: Mongo DB)
o Operating System (Linux)
o Versioning Control (such as: Git, Subversion)
o Build Tools (such as: Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef)
o Knowledge of web services or API (such as: REST and SOAP services)
o Modern deployment technologies (such as: Rancher, Kubernetes, and POSTGIS
• Experience with Cloud frameworks (such as: AWS)
• Experience with test tools (such as: Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, TestRail)
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) (feature identification/classification), Data Search/correlation, Data Lakes
• Experience with web languages/services (such as: OWL, Lucene, elastic search) Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.