Aircraft Structural Mechanic II / Sheet Metal / C-130 - Crestview
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Aircraft Structural Mechanic II / Sheet Metal / C-130 - Crestview
-Presently we are looking for an Aircraft Structural Mechanic to join our team in Crestview.
-PAY RATE: $28.67 per hour; plus 401k payout, benefits, medical incentives and more
-The Aircraft Mechanic II will maintain, repair, and modify structural components of moderate difficulty on C130J model aircrafts. The qualified applicant must have the experience and ability to perform one or more of the following: Experience in aircraft structural repair, fabrication, modification, and installation of parts, items, and assemblies by interpreting technical data such as blue prints or manufacturers drawings/manuals. The Mechanic will plan, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces for aircraft modification. Mechanic must be a qualified aviation sheet metal mechanic with experience in aviation sheet metal, hardware installation such as rivet/blind rivet installation, HI-Loc installation, etc. The candidate must have a common knowledge of tooling required for performance of aircraft structural work. Additional job duties are required but not limited to: performs corrosion control, maintenance inspections, miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, tow and jack aircraft.
-Please consider joining our Special Operations Forces Global Logistics Support Services (SOF GLSS) team in Crestview, FL.
The Locale: Crestview, Florida is known as the "Hub City" of Northwest Florida. Crestview is a city in Okaloosa County, Florida and is one of Florida's fastest growing cities, with residential developments, shopping, and land area to grow. Crestview is a part of the Florida Panhandle region. The Panhandle is more similar in culture and climate to the Deep South than to South Florida. With its warm summers and not so cold winters, the Panhandle is a great place to live and work and to raise a family. Where can you get to from Crestview? Pensacola, FL is about an hour to the southwest. Tallahassee, FL is about 2.5 hours to the east. Mobile, AL is about 1.5 hours to the west. Montgomery, AL is about two hours to the north
* Minimum six (6) years of sheet metal experience performing aircraft modifications or demonstrated aptitude.
* Strong aptitude to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
* Ability to obtain a secret security clearance therefore must be a US Citizen.
TS MISC 2 – Aviation
* Heavy modification/integration/repair sheet metal experience on aircraft
* Active Secret Clearance
* C-130 experience Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Rotating 40 hour week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)Relocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Technicians Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.