Program/Production Planning Associate Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Program/Production Planning Associate Manager
As we enter a new era of Space Travel and Missile Defense, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important national defense mission? Come, join our Manufacturing Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Courtland, AL has an immediate opportunity for a Integrated Program Planner Associate Manager to join our mission. If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to mentor others in a dynamic environment, we welcome your leadership on our team. Primarily working out of the Courtland facility, and reporting to the Southern Region Production Integration Program Planning Manager, you will support and manage the Production Planning, Integration and Control efforts on multi-program scope at our Courtland and Huntsville facilities. The work will require support of, and travel to, both Lockheed Martin facilities.
In this role, you will:
• Direct, coordinate, and manage Production Planning Integration and Control (PP&C) staff responsible for material planning and scheduling, execution of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) transactions in enterprise tools, material status to internal and external customers, shop floor control, material movement and disbursement, and interface with other integrated planning disciplines for programs and customers
• Identify resource needs and staffing, monitoring performance to program goals and functional/enterprise MRP standards, employee training and development, and employee performance assessments and feedback
• Be responsible for the end-to-end life-cycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and production operations execution
• Serve as the point of contact for internal and external customer communication and MRP/ERP status. Responsible for oversight of performance to program budgets and communicating necessary adjustments to responsible Cost Account Managers
• Participate in estimating future resource requirements for staffing profiles or proposals. Performs time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments
• Resolve schedule conflicts, develop and implement work-around strategies and tactical alternatives
• Utilize performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline with 8-10 years of professional experience; in lieu of a degree, candidates with at least 15 years of directly related job relevant experience (e.g. production planning, industrial engineering, or manufacturing engineering, etc) may be considered
• Prior leadership experience (formal or informal)
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise resource management practices and knowledge in manufacturing requirements planning roles & responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience with developing production plans & schedules and managing cross functional teams to accomplish objectives
• Familiar with Production Flow and manufacturing, assembly, and test operations processes and procedures
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret clearance
• A Bachelors degree in a discipline such as Industrial Engineering/Management, Manufacturing Technology, Supply Chain Management preferred
• Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) Subject Matter Expert
• Experience using SAP for managing demand throughout the Supply Chain
• Experience leading teams and individuals to produce and deliver hardware
• Experience using Microsoft Project or other scheduling software
• Green or Black Belt Certification
• EPDM familiarization to monitor engineering change activity and implementation into assigned products
• Manufacturing, electronics, assembly and test experience
• Knowledge of electrostatic discharge (ESD)
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.