Manufacturing Engineer Staff
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Manufacturing Engineer Staff
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual, then come be a part of our Production Operations (Prod Ops) team and programs supported. We are producing the next generation missiles, harnesses and chassis for Targets, Hypersonic and Mars vehicles.
This position is for a Senior Level Manufacturing Engineer supporting electro/mech structure assembly, integration and test (AI&T) operations. This position could require some travel and support to other manufacturing operations. Responsibilities include, but not limited to leading the technical team daily to meet engineering requirements, schedule and cost commitments, providing production status to leadership.
Other primary responsibilities will include:
• Assists in leading and adhering to safety, quality, cost, schedule, technical and programmatic requirements and performance expectations.
• Accomplish results by utilizing multi-functional team, including Technicians, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing and Test Engineering, MRP/Parts Production Control, and Finance to meet program needs
• Leading and providing shop floor support, maintaining manufacturing plans, tooling requirements, engineering change implementation and coordinating changes in the build process within an electrical/mechanical manufacturing facility.
• Foster customer relations, building rapport and confidence between Prod Ops, Program and Customer.
• Foster an environment where the diverse talents and perspectives of our people power innovative solutions for our customers and drives business success.
• Interact across all levels of the organization; efficiently and effectively communicate and implement agreed upon changes; navigate difficult situations and conversations to a productive outcome.
• Engage in proposal, estimates and/or concept of operation development.
• Manage the day-to-day Missile Assembly Integration and Test areas of Manufacturing.
• Creating procedures and operations for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Adapting machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
• Providing guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
• Ensuring processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations while working under very general supervision to contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects where failure to achieve results, erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
• Role will require infrequent communication with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters and will provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Travel to other sites as needed to support manufacturing.
Typical experience required for this position includes a Bachelors degree and 9 years of relevant professional work experience.
• Experience collaborating with a multi functional team.
• Experience writing detailed manufacturing work instructions, technical writing or similar experience with technical publications or SOPs.
• Previous manufacturing experience involving assembly integration and test or similar types of processes.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, bills of material, schematics and specs.
• Ability to read and interpret integrated master schedule.
SECRET clearance prior to start.
• Formal or informal leadership experience. Formal or informal leadership experience.
• Experience presenting to senior government and/or Lockheed Martin leaders.
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems or industry equivalent processes (Earn Value Management Systems, Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Work Instructions, Routings, Production Orders, Bill of Materials, Qnotes, FFMEAs, FOE/FOD, etc.).
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems or industry equivalent tools (ERP/SAP, EPDM, VECAMS, PMP Database, etc.)
• Lean Manufacturing experience and/or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certifications.
• Experience with Electro Static Discharge (ESD) and Ordnance Missile Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T) operations.
• Proven Leadership and Management of Aerospace and Manufacturing products.
• Proven communication skills between Program, Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Proven production in flow troubleshooting skills.
• Basic tooling, fixture and equipment design experience.
• Basic knowledge of Additive Manufacturing CAD/CAM and 3D Printing.
• Must have the ability to work independently with little to no direction. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.