Systems Engineer - Test
Colorado Springs, Colorado
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer - Test
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Lockheed Martin, partnered with the United States Space Force, is challenged with finding innovative solutions to provide freedom of operations and protect the interests of the United States in space. Our culture supports employees that dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus to help you grow and develop your career, and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We need engineers with lessons they’ve gained over the course of successes and failures. We need people that know how to get things done. We need people that know how to inspire and lead. This job is in a new, growing, well-organized program. We incorporate many of the latest technologies and practices of industry, evaluating and adopting them as possible. Meetings over an hour are very rare and we keep work life-balance in check (because we plan to avoid heroics).
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
We're looking for early career engineers who are motivated and want that next step
• You will be working engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes, and practices
• You will provide support for factory integration, capability/feature/ICD development, and mission preparation and system definition.
This position is in our Colorado Springs, Colorado location. Day Shift, flexible, 9x80 (Every other Friday off) schedule, and the ability to occasionally work from home.
We care about our employees and offer a generous benefits package: 401K, PTO, work/life balance, training opportunities, and more. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
• Recent Systems Engineering experience with one or more of the following: capability/feature development, systems test planning/execution, requirements analysis and verification, integration, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience and understanding working systems engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes, and practices
• No clearance required prior to start with the ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI clearance. Must be a US citizen, will be subject to a government security investigation, and must meet eligibility requirements for an elevated clearance for access to classified information.
• Knowledge of the Space Domain (Satellites, Sensors, Orbit propagation, etc)
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Systems Definition/ Agile Systems Definition
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate effectively with people in different functions and locations
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: TS/SCI Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. "Pay Rate:
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $65,400 - $125,400 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible." Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or bility status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Software Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.