Project Operations Lead
Colorado Springs, Colorado
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Project Operations Lead
Colorado Springs, Colorado
In this role as a C2BMC Project Operations Lead you will report to the C2BMC PMO Senior Program Manager and support execution of program management related duties and responsibilities that span the C2BMC Task Orders and Enterprise. There will be a project operations lead assigned to each of the major C2BMC development task orders where you will work directly with the senior program manager responsible for that task order. Responsibilities assigned will vary considerably depending upon the task order assignment, however will directly support successful task order program level execution and may include:
• Driving execution of programmatic business rhythms such as closure of program level action items, annual operating document updates while leading efforts to streamline that update process, lead actions/coordination of customer reviews, prepare monthly & weekly internal PMO level status packages
• Driving improvements to the current risk and opportunity management process as well as coordinating, organizing and leading risk and opportunity management activities associated with the task order scope
• Provide direct support & delegation for the C2BMC Senior Program Managers supporting day to day execution needs at the major development task order as well as C2BMC enterprise level
• Change agent to drive implementation as our business rhythms continue to evolve
• Supporting engineering estimate or engineering change proposal activities
• Supporting task order level work planning activities through the AGILE iteration planning cycles
• Provide project or program management support to other areas of C2BMC or the Missile Defense Systems (MDS) market segment such as IWTAs and/or IRADs
• Strong project or program management or technical lead experience
• Energized self-starter with outstanding organizational and communications skills
• Interim Secret or Active DoD Secret clearance
• Demonstrated experience with LM program management processes
• Demonstrated experience with or knowledge of earned value management
• Demonstrated experience with or knowledge of LM risk and opportunity management processes
• Demonstrated experience with AGILE framework for project execution including metrics to track and manage team performance
• Technical experience or background with software development projects
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior customer and internal LM leadership
• Track record of delivering results and solving problems in a complex organization through skilled coordination with other team members Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Program Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.