Network Tools Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Network Tools Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
*This position requires travel to remote locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel*
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
• 401k (with generous matching)
• Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
• Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
• Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
• Knowledgeable, encouraging and engaged leadership
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
*Must currently have a DoD Secret Security Clearance to be considered for this position*
Requires a Network Development Engineer with Network Management Focus.
- Must be a proven network tools systems engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies
Specific technical skills required include:
- Strong Redhat Enterprise Linux experience (Red Hat Certified System Administrator preferred)
- Experience with Network Automation to include both development and deployment of Network and Management systems
- Proven experience with Ansible
- Network Management and Monitoring Systems (MicroFocus Operations Bridge Manager Suite with Business Value Dashboards, NMMI with Net Performance Server and Traffic iSPI's, Network Automation, SiteScope, HP System Insight Manager, Viavi GigaStor and Apex)
- Experience Loading and modifying MIBS and SEED files, writing scripts for network automation and developing fixlets to be used with IBM BigFix to efficiently deploy updates to the fielded environment
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools
- Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as tcpdump orWireshark)
- Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (TACACS+, Active Directory, GPO's and GEM One Encryptor Manager)
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts
- Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs
- Hands-on experience with multi-vendor switching routing (Juniper)
- Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) or Cisco (CCNA, CCNP)
- Candidates with experience planning and supporting the deployment of network infrastructure are highly desired
- Prior C2BMC network experience Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Network Systems Engineers Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.