M&S System Engineer - Clearance Required
Colorado Springs, Colorado
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
M&S System Engineer - Clearance Required
Colorado Springs, Colorado
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Lockheed Martin in Colorado Springs, Colorado is seeking you if you are a Modeling & Simulation (M&S) System Engineer and meet the qualifications for this excellent opportunity!
In this role, you will interact, support, and coordinate with members of other C2BMC MDNT Functional Areas and TOs, C2BMC leadership, MDA customers and technical SMEs, as well as leadership of other BMDS Element programs.
- Provide technical expertise in the area of BMDS modeling and simulation characterization, scenario development, and/or analysis
- As part of an Agile Scrum team, develop features and stories mapped to program objectives
Duties will also include one or more of the following:
- Plan and execute performance analyses on C2BMC and its interactions with current and planned BMDS assets
- Document analysis results in reports and briefings; present analysis results to a variety of audiences
- Develop requirements for large, complex system models/simulations and or test/analysis tools
- Execute, test, and evaluate BMDS level, large scale models/simulations; VV&A the C2BMC model
- Develop, test, and evaluate threat scenarios; using large scale simulations, perform System Level Test event predictive analysis, post-test analysis, and/or post-flight reconstruction analysis
- Provide data to support decisions regarding system/element representations and modeling parameters used in large scale simulations
*Must currently have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance to be considered for this position*
Bachelor's degree engineering, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
- Must have a solid engineering background that covers a variety of disciplines which support both conceptual and detailed system level assessments, as well as an understanding of analysis techniques, planning, execution, and reporting
Technical specialty areas may include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Performance analysis and characterization of large-scale complex system simulations, which may include ballistic missile threats, command and control, RF sensors, and IR sensors
- M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation
- Requirements development and checkout for system simulations and scenarios
- Complex data analysis and plotting using MATLAB
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
• 401k (with generous matching)
• Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
Learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
- Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general
- Strong background in math and physics
- Experience using MATLAB to support analysis of complex data
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Agile Scrum, and continuous integration
- Possess general coding skills (such as MATLAB, Java, C++, or shell scripts)
- Specific knowledge of one or more BMDS elements, such as C2BMC, AN/TPY-2, BOA, SBIRS, GMD, Aegis BMD, PATRIOT, et al
- Relevant MS technical degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $79,300 - $132,100 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.