Cyber Security Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Security Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you!
This position is for the Cyber Security Engineer on the COOLR program.
In this role you will:
• Support the Program's Cyber Execution Lead for a variety of cyber execution tasks on the program.
• Support multiple unique projects occurring at the same time.
• Communicate resources and actions across multiple stakeholder organizations and internal engineering teams. Supporting:
• RMF Package Development and management
• System monitoring
• Cybersecurity CDRL documentation
• Cyber architecture enhancements
• Support the Cyber Roadmap/Strategy and frequently articulate progress and challenges to the Cyber Execution Lead.
• Resolve or develop solutions to hard problems as they relate to cyber.
• Work amongst a diverse team of Cyber Professionals.
• Support proposals for new cyber scope and/or add-ons to the current contract.
Must Have thorough understanding and experience with:
• RMF Accreditations
• Assess Only (SW assessments)
• Type Accreditations
• eMASS Package creation and management
• Familiar with NIST 800-30, 800-37, 800-53A, CNSSI 1253 Overlays
• Experience with DISA STIG and IAVM processes
• Hands on experience with SCC, STIG Viewer (SCAP, Benchmarks), and ACAS/Security Center
• Knowledge of government / contractor network interconnectivity arrangements (ISA)
• DoD 8570 experience
• DoDI 8500 & 8510
• Control Approval (CAC) and Package Approval Chains (PAC)
• Experience with HBSS
• Cloud FEDRAMP Assessments
• DCSA Accreditations (DAAPM, SUSA/MUSA/ISOLAN)
• USCC CTOs and AF MTOs
• CMMC, NIST 800-171 (Protecting CUI) and DoDI 8582 (securing non-DoD ISs)
• Experience with USAF, USSF, SMC Space systems and EGS
• Developing executive level briefings
• CSSP DoDI 8530, DISA ESM
• Defensive Cyber Operations and DCO-S
• JCS Joint Publication 3-12 Cyberspace Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.