Database Administrator (Level 3) / MCAS Cherry PointApply Now Job ID: 530753BR Date posted: Jun. 25, 2020 City: Cherry PointState: North Carolina Program: F-35 Logistics Product Operations & Sustainment
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Database Administrator Sr
Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth.
Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an experienced Database Administrator providing Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) database support at Cherry Point MCAS, North Carolina.
The Database Administrator Staff directly supports JSF operations by assuring the integrity of data stored within the system by maintaining the internal databases and applications. The successful candidate will serve as the point of contact in customer discussions during the flight and evaluation activities and works closely with ALIS System Administrators.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure system-wide backups, disaster recovery, and database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates) are efficiently completed
• Ensure data transfers between system (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshoot assets.
• Support testing, debugging, integration and analysis of database tools
• Ensure overall test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, patch testing, and the health and status of the system
• Develop and provide training to Database Administration team and users as needed
• Develop and modify processes/procedures, perform metrics collection and analysis
This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week—which may include weekends—as dictated by mission requirements.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a security clearance investigation within 6 years from the investigation close date and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Have relevant experience in Database Administration and/or Development
• Be proficient with COTS database software and tools (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
• Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
• Demonstrated SQL and database administration skills, which may include:
o Importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases
o SQL/PL-SQL knowledge to execute/troubleshoot scripts and performance tune databases
o Creating Level 0 and 1 database backups and restoring databases from backups
o Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery (hot and cold)
o Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
• Ability to be flexible in working with dynamic mission requirements
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Systems Engineering: OtherType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.