Software Engineer (Entry Level)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Engineer (Entry Level)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
The Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is a Lockheed Martin applied research and development center. Aligned with the Corporation’s Chief Technology Officer, we work to advance scientific discovery and technology transition in human systems, robotics and autonomy, spectrum systems, data analytics and more!
What we do:
Spectrum Systems Lab (SSL) Engineers are hardworking problem solvers with an ability to learn and think creatively! We combine diverse skillsets and backgrounds to deliver groundbreaking technology to our customers, community, and company. We support research and technology development for projects funded externally and internally helping advance the state-of-the-art for Defense and prepare our customers and Lockheed Martin for the future of tomorrow.
What you’ll do:
Are you a skilled engineering generalist? As an engineer at SSL your day-to-day responsibilities vary based on the needs of our programs. We pride ourselves in the flexibility we give to our engineers to pursue research that is of interest to them, and give opportunities for engineers to grow and learn about what others in the lab are doing. Based on our current needs, your skills and the skills you wish to acquire, you could be tasked with any of the following:
• The design, code and test of software for Digital and RF/analog advanced state-of-the-art receivers, transmitters, antennas, and jam and anti-jam systems.
• Architecting and implementing data engineering pipelines in support of automated analysis of machine learning, sensor processing, and target tracking research prototypes over large data sets.
• Utilize DevSecOps fundamentals to analyze, debug, and integrate RF processing and target tracking software.
• Lead and/or support research projects to innovate and provide new/novel solutions for novel problems.
• Participate in large-scale field tests where our systems are tested on the ground, at sea, and in the air on commercial or Military assets.
• Assist in the acquisition of new business by coming up with modern day solutions to customer problems.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Sick and bereavement leave
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• 0-2 years of experience in software and/or embedded design, development and testing.
• Good team working and collaboration skills.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance to at least the Secret level.
Experience and/or interest in any of the following is a plus, but not required.
• Software development (C, C++ and/or Python preferred)
• Designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
• Modern wireless communication techniques and protocols
• Web development (React.js preferred)
• Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and pipelines
• Experience with RF Test Equipment
• FPGA's and digital design (Xilinx preferred)
• Linux kernel/driver development
• Embedded C and/or C++ development
• Software-Designed Radios (USRP SDRs, Analog Devices Radios like the AD9361, AD9371, Directly-Sampled transceivers cut as the Xilinx RFSoC and/or Analog Devices MxFE)
• RF circuit design
• Knack for developing first-of-a-kind solutions to new problems
• Leading research into state-of-the-art technologies
• Awareness of customer mission areas: Electronic Warfare (EW), RF signal intercept, RF geolocation technologies, Electronic Support Measures (ESM), Signal Intelligences (SIGINT)
• Radar signal processing
• Digital signal processing for software and/or FPGA fabric
• System Administration Experience (Ubuntu and/or RedHat preferred)
• Project management Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: 4 yr and up CollegeBusiness Unit: ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY LABSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.