Cyber Event Designer
Charleston, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Event Designer
Charleston, South Carolina
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:This position is participating in our External Referral Program. If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3000 payment!
Our collaborative cyber test and training teams define one-of-kind tailored solutions to the cyber warfighter and deliver results to increase the cyber resiliency of our nation’s weapon systems.
Our Cyber and Intelligence group has a need for a Cyber Event Designer to define and lead innovative solutions for engineering DoD cyber test environments to support Developmental Test & Evaluation, Operational Test & Evaluation and Research Evaluations as well as for Cyber Mission Forces (CMF) training across all branches of service.
The Cyber Event Designer must be skilled at:
• Deriving test objectives from multiple input sources and translating event objectives to actionable tasks for creation of a closed cyber test environment and execution of test activities with the engineering and cyber evaluation teams
• Assessing training objectives for multiple capability levels of those being trained. The Cyber Event Designer is responsible for scoping training objectives, identifying data capture requirements, and providing the required environment realism to support the training objectives.
Candidate must have extensive knowledge and/or direct experience in the following:
• 5+ years of experience with Cyber Network Operations / Cyber Defense Operations and or 5+ years experience at conducting cyber exercises, working through the planning process and coordinating with end users, event sponsors and partner infrastructure providers
• Intermediate knowledge of: software development; programming languages; operating systems; networks; enterprise and consumer IT concepts, architectures, and systems (compute, network, storage)
• Intermediate familiarity with defensive and offensive cyber tools and TTP
• TS clearance
• Willingness to travel to customer sites; approximately 40% travel.
• Experienced in defensive and offensive cyber Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
• Ability to build and assess network and software systems architectures.
• Demonstrated experience with technical writing and oral communication focused on soliciting goals and requirements, effectively communicating design decisions, and informing senior leadership
• Experience working with DT&E and/or OT&E
• Experience working with US CYBERCOM and other DoD cyber training organizations.
• Proven ability to design cyber training events, skilled at decomposing training objectives and MSELs into computer systems and network design features.
• Understanding and appropriate application of network sensors and traffic generation tools as applied toward training cyber environments Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated government facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leader Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.