Field Engineer - M-TADS/PNVS Letterkenny Depot
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Field Engineer - M-TADS/PNVS Letterkenny Depot
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution. Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives. Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
Specific Job Description
Performs depot level repairs, modifications, refurbishments of specific components of the Modernized Target Designation Sight/Pilotage Night Vision System (M-TADS/PNVS). - Performs repair, rework, fault isolation, troubleshooting, and acceptance test of mechanical, electrical, structural, hydraulic subsystems and complete systems.
- Operates automated or general-purpose test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network analyzers and waveform generators) and uses knowledge of basic AC/DC theory to read, interpret engineering drawings and schematics to conduct fault isolation of defective components.
- Setup and operation of conventional milling machine and drill press, to rework or repair mechanical components
- Utilizes precision measuring equipment to verify compliance to engineering specifications and tolerances
- Completes work IAW engineering drawings, schematics, Repair Center Procedures (RCPs), Field Advisory Bulletins (FABs), and Contractor Installation Procedures (CIPs)
- Documents work in automated maintenance data collection systems IAW Apache Fire Control processes and procedures
- Provides technical feedback on electro-mechanical components to promote reliability improvements - Works with hazardous materials and chemicals, utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Performs limited supply duties (load/unload trucks), operates overhead hoists.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or within 1 semester of obtaining 1-2 years of related experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to obtain a D.O.D. security clearance (SECRET)
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and frequently changing customer requirements
- Knowledge of solder certification to J-STD-001, IPC-7711/IPC-7721
- Knowledge of fault isolation for electro-mechanical components
- Knowledge of concepts for hardware repair.
- Experience with CCA component rework and repair
- Rework experience with BGAs and electrical maintenance and rework
- Strong knowledge and experience in repairs of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge basic avionics and electronics
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and fault isolation of components using general purpose and/or automated test equipment
- Knowledge of automated and/or general-purpose test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network analyzers and waveform generators) used in a depot
- Knowledge of the interpretation of engineering drawings, schematics, and test and repair procedures
- Familiarity with industrial standards, military specifications and industry processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand policies and procedures for the control of Government property
- Ability to work with hazardous materials
- Ability to mix and weigh chemicals
- Ability to properly safety wire assemblies and connectors
- Ability to solder and repair cables and harnesses Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: 4 yr and up CollegeBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Product Support Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.