At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
This position is an opportunity to contribute to a key element of the nation’s strategic deterrence architecture. For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. As a component of the nation’s amalgam of deterrent weapons known as the TRIAD, the FBM system and its elements will be the foundation on which you will contribute to the prevention of global nuclear warfare.
This role is a key position within the FBM SEIT Requirements and Verification (R&V) Team. You will have ownership of R&V across multiple FBM programs, including the Trident II D5 Missile System, Production Reentry Bodies, Experimental Reentry Programs, and Life Extension 2 Program. You will be working all program lifecycle phases on a dynamic, multi-faceted weapons system. You will be interfacing with all aspects of FBM programs including working directly with our Navy partners, engineering, facilities, support equipment, environments, ground test and flight test. In this role you will have an opportunity to grow as a Systems Engineering subject matter expert and gain program wide visibility.
As a Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Applying the fundamental principles of the Systems Engineering V
• Performing technical trade studies and establishing the requirements baseline that translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Engaging with the US Navy customer and collaborating on common processes
• Performing requirement development, maintenance, and management
• Creating processes and practices for overall Requirement and Verification activities
• Developing and managing requirements within the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) tool capabilities
• Conducting requirement decomposition and establishing associated traceability.
• Generating Verification and Validation plans in accordance with LM Command Media
• Working with senior engineers to provide documents that convey customer and supplier(s) requirement relationships
• Providing technical leadership for R&V engineers on various FBM projects
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience with Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) and Navy customer
• Experience with MBSE
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific or technical discipline. Non-technical bachelor’s degree may be considered with equivalent years of experience in aerospace and systems engineering disciplines
• 9+ years experience in systems engineering and integration of Aerospace systems
• Experience using the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) tool
• Experience developing, reviewing, and releasing requirements specification documents
• Systems Engineering knowledge of the following: program planning, requirements analysis and development, systems test planning and execution, requirements verification, systems integration, design review coordination
• Experience with leading and facilitating projects, meetings, and presentations
• Experience interfacing with Customer representatives for both government, non-government, and Military organizations
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Top-Secret security clearance
• Strong technical writing skills
• Familiarity with FBM products and processes
• Familiarity with US Navy Customer
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering Tools and Process (SysML syntax and Cameo tool preferred)
• MS Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
• Effective coordination and interpersonal skills, including ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management, and work well in a team environment
• Self-motivated and able to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solution sets
• Active Top-Secret clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.