Mechanical Integration Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Mechanical Integration Engineer
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
Learn about the Trident II D5 Fleet Ballistic Missile.
As a Mechanical Integration Engineer, you will serve as a key interface between the requirements, design, subsystem engineering, system engineering, and production teams!
In this role you will:
• Provide independent review and cross-program coordination to ensure subsystem designs and as-built products are mechanically compatible
• Support Missile production and test activities at component manufacturers and the Strategic Weapons Facilities
• Drive anomaly investigations to closure
• Perform data reviews and provide feedback to test and integration teams
• Engage in travel and off-shift support
• Find opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies
You should have an exceptional work ethic and knowledge across a broad range of topics in the mechanical engineering field. Possess good process focus with the ability to intelligently apply standard processes to real-world applications. Thorough, with good attention to detail and a proven understanding of documentation methods and requirements.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
• Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions which may include:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e.) Design reviews
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Experience with spacecraft/missile design, development, integration, or test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Validated understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Skilled in Creo CAD modeling and CAD control
• Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
• Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Integration through education or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience of mechanical design, mechanical integration, ATLO, and/or manufacturing experience
• Experience defining and documenting system mechanical interfaces
• Experience coordinating with multiple engineering fields (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Flight Sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, Test, etc.)
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical structures or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution vital to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Proven track record to lead teams and get results without direct authority
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Active Secret or Top Secret DoD security clearance. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $97,500 - $162,500 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.