Material & Process / Contamination Control Engineer
Cape Canaveral, Florida
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Material & Process / Contamination Control Engineer
Cape Canaveral, Florida
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes.
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program’s two primary operating locations is Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
We are seeking a Material & Process/Contamination Control Engineer to establish contamination control and facility requirements, develop and execute test plans, coordinate with other disciplines, external customers, and troubleshoot anomalies. In addition, you will be a part of the LM Space Contamination Control Engineering (CCE) team and may support programs at any portion of the spacecraft lifecycle. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you'll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Responsible for maintenance and operation of Cleanroom Systems, including contamination sensors and associated support equipment.
• Monitor controls for maintaining facility cleanliness/performance.
• Implement detailed Contamination Control Plan, Material Control Plans, and Certification Reports.
• Provide test data analysis to customers
• Perform Contamination Control technical engineering assignments
Benefits of Employment:
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care and healthy living incentives! Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Click here to learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive edge.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college (Mechanical/Aeronautical/Chemical Engineering or similar discipline preferred) or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Knowledge of analytical laboratory equipment or techniques that apply to specialized contamination monitoring equipment and tools.
• Ability to multi-task and communicate status to teammates as well as customers.
• Good writing, communication and social skills.
• Must have a good understanding of chemicals (acids, bases, oxidizers, flammables, reducers, water-reactives) in a variety of forms (liquids, solids, gases, sludges, slurries) and related incompatibilities to prevent undesirable chemical reactions.
• Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Willingness to travel on a limited basis to support customer requirements.
• Experience with clean-rooms, precision cleaning, materials testing, thermal vacuum test or Quartz Crystal Microbalance (QCM) monitoring
• Experience in developing technical documentation including System Configuration Documentation and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams.
• Experience with planning, scheduling, design, or project implementation is a plus.
• Experience with facility maintenance, component maintenance, or other process technical exposure.
• Knowledge of IEST-STD-CC1246, ISO-14644 and ASTM E 1548.
• Chemical or materials specialization is a plus. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Materials Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.