Software Engineering Mgr - Integrated Ground
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Engineering Mgr - Integrated Ground
Lead the Integrated Ground (IG) Software team , reporting to the Boulder APEX Manager. The IG Software Manager will interact directly with the OPIR acquisition, user communities and International BD to understand customer needs and communicate status on baselined work and issues.
Responsibilities will include the planning, implementation and execution of the programmatic goals and objectives for Development contracts. Specific responsibilities: Lead the creation and management of technical objectives/tasking, schedules, and budgets. Analyze progress and budget data and report status. Lead the organized collection, tracking and resolution of technical issues. Lead the development and maintenance of procedures & tools for technical product planning. Ensure timely and correct production of BOEs. Provide timely guidance and feedback to the execution team to ensure cost, schedule, technical and personnel development objectives are clear and solutions/approaches are validated, evaluated and modified as required. Ensure the completion of all internal and external commitments on or ahead of schedule with high technical quality and within budget. Provide staffing support and coordination to ensure the manpower forecast reflects the latest program requirements. Participation in proposal submissions, program level reviews, and technical reviews. Support process improvement goals and objectives and opportunity development. Establishment and update of technical standards as required, ensuring technical competencies are maintained. Ensure processes are in place, updated & followed. Ensure metrics are collected, analyzed, and reported. Support AS9100 initiatives and audits.
This position is in our beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
To be successful, you need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Agile development knowledge/experience
• Ground experience
• Fluency in a wide range of coding principles that enable maintainability, reuse, and interoperability
• Coordinate across a diverse set of projects to attain design synergy and reduce costs and effort
• Develop long-term technical roadmaps and convince nontechnical audiences of their value
• Define level solutions to fulfill customer needs
• Master’s degree in an Engineering or Natural Science Field
• Proactivity - Self-motivated candidate with strong teamwork and organizational skills who can anticipate change and take action with limited oversight
• High availability – Supporting the needs of the program or team in off cycle hours or extended hours
• Flexibility – Seamlessly adapts to changing requirements and can motivate a team to stay on track
• Ability to take complex problems and develop innovative solutions
• DevSecOps knowledge with the ability to effectively communicate it across the organization to enable rapid cultural and process transition
• Building and maintaining a solid working relationship with customers
• Support and drive implementation of digital transformation
• Demonstrated technical experience in systems, software, hardware or network engineering
• Algorithm design and performance analysis
• Proposals and business development
• Experienced in Cloud Native Technologies:
• Helm Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.