Multi Function Engineering and Science Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Multi Function Engineering and Science Manager
At Lockheed Martin Space, we advance the frontiers of science, help the military protect what matters most, and solve problems that others think are impossible. We have challenging missions that will inspire and innovate!
Our team in Boulder, Colorado is looking for motivated leaders to drive our Operations and Development teams into the future. In these challenging assignments you will be responsible to lead your program, product, or initiative while working with your peers to deliver positive culture change across the Boulder site. This position is the engineering leader responsible for managing our multi-functional team supporting the MARK IV-B AF Weather program.
This position will provide engineering leadership and management skills. Understanding engineering processes will be required to lead the team. Candidate will be part of a team working to capture, define, architect, design, develop, integrate, test and sell-off products to various military and potential commercial customers. Candidate will work closely with site leadership, program managers, product owners, and peers; assuming project responsibility for follow on business capture, proposal and project management of product baselines.
Specific tasks include:
- Management for a 10 to 20 person team.
- Manage personnel resources to support the site's financial plans.
- Build and maintain a staffing plan, coordinate forecasts with the LOB, recruit and hire to develop the proper skill level and diversity mix.
- Will have project cost and critical-path schedule accountability.
- Focus on providing guidance to staff members to meet critical schedules and resolve critical/complex
technical or operational problems.
- Perform administrative management duties for engineering staff. This includes timecard approval (timekeeping/overtime authorization), compliance training, promotions, job actions, performance
reviews, awards, and terminations.
- Own, execute, and status department level initiatives.
- Change agent in responsible area with focus on affordability and advancing technical capabilities and innovation.
This position is in beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness
center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
Come join us at Lockheed Martin!
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
This position is contingent upon program funding expected in Spring 2021
• Experience as a lead engineer (or related discipline)
• Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to interact effectively with customers and senior program management
• Demonstrated, outstanding internal and external customer relation skills
• Knowledge of LM management processes and project leadership
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin capture and proposal process
• Knowledge of the customer and Lockheed Martin program lifecycles, processes and procedures
• Experience working in Agile development programs
• Experience in writing Basis of Estimates
• Demonstrated experience in managing a engineering skill set to achieve functional and programmatic requirements and goals Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.