Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you ready to further your career in Cyber Security working for one of the top companies in the world?
This position is for a Cyber Security Architect supporting the NGG OPIR Program. The Architect will be responsible for integration of cyber security and cyber resiliency requirements, standards, and best practices into the NG OPIR software products. The lead will work with both Ground and Space segment system and software architects to implement cyber requirements. This role functions as a software and application security expert expected to guide and develop processes, procedures, and solutions for the Next Gen program. The lead will be responsible for the Next Gen Software Assurance plan and related products. The lead will be expected to perform hands on analysis of Next Gen code and train / mentor software engineers, developers, and security professionals on all aspects of security engineering as it pertains to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• 5 or more years’ experience as Security professional in a variety of roles especially app sec.
• Ability to work with multiple programming languages, operating systems, and development environments.
• Software Security experience performing code reviews using a variety of tools
• Application Security experience performing dynamic analysis using a variety of tools
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent team orientation
• Full development lifecycle experience
• Understanding of missile or satellite software systems
• Systems Programming - RHEL, UNIX/Linux,
• Continuous Integration: Git, Subversion
• Previous real-time and embedded software development experience
• Agile processes
• PKI experience and expertise
• Expertise with Fortify, Coverity, AppScan, or other static analysis tools
• Expertise with BurpSuite, Web Inspect, Web Scarab, or other dynamic analysis tools
• Threat Modeling
• Cyber Resiliency Level (CRL) model
• System and Software Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)
• Cloud development experience in AWS or other
• DevSecOps experience, pipeline development Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Architect Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.