Learning and Development Leadership Program Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Learning and Development Leadership Program Manager
The Learning and Development team is in search of a seasoned Learning and Development program manager responsible for sponsoring and supporting high quality learning experiences, sustaining program and vendor excellence and linking content, tools and programs horizontally across the enterprise to ensure cost effectiveness and high quality aligned with the Capability Architecture, Talent Philosophy, and Enterprise Business Strategy.
To excel in this role, you will need to be a creative problem solver, comfortable with ambiguity, a highly effective communicator, and collaborative thought partner. You are experienced in taking new ideas and driving them to execution. You are pro-active and take initiative to complete tasks and projects quickly and autonomously, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You will draw on a full array of learning and consulting skills as you act in a variety of capacities for different times and purposes including: program development and launch, project management, content curation, facilitation, learning experience design, coaching, collaboration, performance consulting and needs assessment.
In this role, you will:
•Serve as a subject matter expert with in-depth experience in leadership development design leveraging design methodologies and application that yield successful performance results
•Collaborates with business leaders and functions to develop shared understanding of the learning and performance needs, as a result provide strategic alignment and governance for the early career, enterprise wide leadership development programs (Communications, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Security) and manage the Leadership Development Program Conferences
• Support the development of the leadership development strategy. Design, deploy and sustain global leadership development experiences including but not limited to, in-person learning, digital learning, asynchronous learning, and assessments
• Develop and oversee experiential and action learning that will provide leaders the opportunity to apply learning in between formal learning experiences
• Curate learning paths and experiences to meet just in time learning needs.
•Evaluates the impact of learning solutions for quality, improvement of performance business impact, continually monitors best practices and learner assessments and make the necessary modifications as needed
• Support and manage the vendor and content management strategy to ensure global relevant content and learning experiences
• Partner across the business to understand organizational development needs and apply that knowledge to the design of appropriate learning solutions
*** While this role is open to virtual work, it is preferred to physically align with one of our major locations in the NOVA corridor -- remote work would require a scaled of travel expectations up to 25%***
• Minimum 5 years of progressive responsibility/experience, including 2 years of experience in learning and development work and/or program management in roles like; leadership development, organizational effectiveness, talent management, etc
• Strong project/program management and organization skills with the ability to deliver timely, quality products
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to establish and maintain networks and relationships; ability to influence without position power
• Demonstrates initiative – willing to take new tasks; is proactive in completing deliverables
• Proactive thinking with exceptional attention to detail
• Experience designing and leading a broad variety of leadership development solutions and managing their implementation in a global environment
• Ability to develop strategic direction and plan in an area of large scope with many partners and collaborators
• Experience evaluating the effectiveness of programs and interventions
• Advanced facilitation and coaching skills
• Agile and responsive to organizational, environmental, and strategic change
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management
• Excellent business presence, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Experience working with business, functional, and other stakeholders to determine needs, development requirements and implement learning and development solutions
• Ability to build and establish relationships across the organization
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Management, Psychology or Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience
• Lockheed Martin Business Area experience or similar organizational experience in large, highly matrixed, complex organizations
• Fully engages and understands customer needs; champion of the customer experience and facilitating process improvement
• Knowledge of learning and development practices and processes
• Experience managing multiple high visibility projects
• Works collaboratively with strong ability to establish effective working relationships
• Organizational Development experience
• Organizational Change Management and Culture Change experience, including leading a change initiative at an enterprise level
• Conference Planning experience Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: CORPORATE HEADQUARTERSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Human Resources Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.