Data Science Team Lead
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Data Science Team Lead
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:The Lockheed Martin Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) supporting Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) is responsible for developing strategies and implementing integrated, cross-functional solutions that transform operations through data-based decisions that deliver business-based outcomes. Our Data Science Team is at the forefront of our digital transformation as they build data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions to drive tangible business improvements. This position is for the team lead role for this team.
The RMS CDAO Data Science Team Lead will be a hands-on leader tasked with leading a team of data scientists conducting experiments, building solutions and partnering with stakeholders and analysts to identify new opportunities utilizing the large sets of structured and unstructured data. They will leverage their experience to drive improvements to best practices and operating models. The selected candidate will also be a practicing data scientist.
The work location can be any major Lockheed Martin facility; full-time telecommuters will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance and instruction to team members and support their career growth
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify business opportunities and requirements to develop associated analytical models that deliver useful, actionable insights, or recommendations
- Contribute new technical ideas, set standards for code quality and delivery, evaluate tools for implementation, and continuously improve the data science pipeline
- Manage projects and team backlog to ensure projects are completed on-time and within budget while identifying areas of improvement in best practices and strategies
- Apply and/or develop advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts to identify meaningful patterns in data in sometimes ambiguous problem spaces
- Responsible for modeling complex business problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques
- Partner with other data science and artificial intelligence organizations in Lockheed Martin on novel techniques and approaches to business problems
- US Person
- Demonstrated experience leading data scientists and machine learning engineers, including mentoring of staff, setting and executing a vision for the team, and promoting a positive culture for the team
- Proven experience leading the delivery of innovative solutions in unique problem spaces leveraging recent advances in AI/ML
- Very strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills with demonstrated success translating business problems into data problems especially for non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in computer science and statistics to solve business and data problems using all phases of the data science development process
- Experience demonstrating to stakeholders how analytics can be implemented to maximize business benefits; provide strategic consulting, needs assessment, scoping of project, and clearly communicate findings, recommendations, and explain models
- Strong working knowledge of basic and Bayesian statistical concepts such as correlation, linear regression, optimization, and how they can be applied to algorithm development
- Demonstrated expertise in activation/operationalization of machine learning models and algorithms
- A Bachelor’s degree in in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, or other relevant area, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of model interpretation and explainability
- Experience with storytelling and visualizations within the realm of data analytics
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Applying data science against open-source media to support Intelligence collection and data fusion
- Experience with Python or similar, Pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch, Domino or AWS/Docker, Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with machine learning pipelines and related tools such as GitLab
- Masters or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, or other relevant area Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Data Science Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.