Defensive Cyber Engineer
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Defensive Cyber Engineer
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you ready to further your career in Cyber Security working for one of the top companies in the world?
Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading team on the groundbreaking SBIRS program?
In this role, you will:
• Provide systems and architecture expertise for Defensive Cyber Operations to meet Cybersecurity mission execution on operational assets
• Assist Defensive Cyberspace Operations and Mission Defense Team in the identification, containment, and response to cyber incidents.
• Evaluate and analyze system architecture and security design as they pertain to the Cyber domain.
• Apply Cyber Security Engineering to improve the processing, configuration, transport, and usability of Cyber Security data used for analysis.
• Provide configuration support to LogRhythm and other deployed security tools.
• Support peer reviews of policies and guidance as they relate to the DCO mission.
• Support frequent working group meetings with the customer, as well as weekly briefs of DCE activities.
• Have frequent collaboration with customer stakeholders as well as working closely with site personnel
• Assist in cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
• Coordinate with Cyber, System Architects and Developers to provide support to the development of security solutions.
• Employ cyber security methods, techniques, tools, and capabilities.
• This is for a Mission Essential role requiring potential holiday commitments if on call. This position is on a floating holiday schedule and located at a government facility requiring employees without a security clearance to be escorted.
• DOD 8570 Experience.
• Experience with a SIEM technology
• Proven experience with DoD cybersecurity requirements, policies, and procedures
• Strong interpersonal communication and leadership traits.
• Previous experience with SBIRS or OPIR mission
• Experience performing cybersecurity activities in support of software and system requirements, design, development, testing, and sustainment
• Experience with NetBrain, Zenoss and Hewlett Packard Network Automation (HPNA)
• Familiar with eMASS, HBSS, ACAS, SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC), DISA STIGs
• Experience with Secure Configuration/Hardening of DoD Information Systems
• Experience with Intel Driven Threat Modeling, preferably classified Cyber Threat Intel Support
• Experience briefing complex cyber security principles to all levels of knowledge and skill
• Experience briefing high level customer stakeholders with cyber security concerns and remediation tactics
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53
• Experience with RHEL and Windows Server/Professional
• Experience with SIEM and cloud technologies including LogRhythm, Splunk, Jira, and Confluence
• DoD 8570 IAT III Certification
• Ability to provide guidance on DoD Cyber regulations and requirements to engineering and software development staff
• Experience with responding to cyber incidents from detection through remediation.
• Intuitive and proactive self-starter that’s accountable and mission focused Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Rotating 40 hour week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.