Senior Software Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is chartered with creating generation-after-next technology to help Lockheed Martin maintain technology dominance. As a group of applied research laboratories, we are professionals who develop and apply leading edge technologies to our customers’ most difficult problems and needs. Our researchers work closely with customers to create and shape opportunities and are skilled in applying emerging research to evolving programs. Our agile business structure is designed to swiftly respond to urgent needs. Our primary partners include government agencies, commercial enterprises, and other Lockheed Martin organizations. ATL maintains research and development relationships with government agencies, key universities, industry partners and thought leaders.
What our team does:
This position is within the Intelligent Systems Works (ISW), which is one of the three laboratories that comprise ATL. ISW operates at the juncture of Autonomy, Human-Machine Symbiosis, and Artificial Intelligence. We are creating technologies that will accelerate the hybrid existence of human and machine intelligence to support DoD and IC missions. By combining key technology R&D pillars – human performance augmentation, AI/ML-based algorithm and model development, data and information fusion frameworks, machine autonomy adapted to missions and domains, high assurance solutions, and advanced robotics technologies – under one group, the ISW designs, develops/prototypes and evaluates hybrid human-machine intelligence solutions supporting future, complex warfighter missions. Some of these missions include multi-domain distributed and adaptive C2 and ISR, tactical human-machine teams, hybrid team intelligence analysis, and strategic threat assessment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (e.g., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics) from an accredited college or university
• 2 years of applicable work experience
• Current project needs require demonstrated experience in one or more of the following additional skill areas:
-- Algorithm and software development languages (e.g., Python, Java, R, C, C++ …), libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras …) and platforms (e.g., MATLAB …)
-- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques (e.g., Neural Networks, Reinforcement or (Un)Supervised Learning, Game Theory …)
• Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret security clearance that requires U.S. citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Master’s Degree in STEM field
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following additional skill areas:
-- Working within teams leveraging Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum) and Project Tracking tools (e.g., Jira)
-- Cloud and virtualized environments (e.g., AWS, GovCloud …) and technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm …)
-- Data Science techniques (e.g., regression analysis, statistics, K-Means clustering, uncertainty quantification, data extraction and cleansing …)
-- Databases and query Languages (e.g., Elasticsearch, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, MondoDB, Neo4j …)
-- DevSecOps, microservice oriented architectures, containerization, and CI/CD tools and processes (e.g., GitLab, Docker, Jenkins …)
-- Artificial perception, sensor data fusion, or collaborative autonomy for planning and control involving teams of autonomous vehicles and humans (MUM-T)
-- Formal methods for assurance, optimization, and verification/validation.
• Strong oral and written communication skills as evidenced by proposals, published articles, and presentations at conferences and seminars.
• Active Secret level clearance or higher Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY LABSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.