Learning & Development Specialist
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Learning & Development Specialist
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a talented, energetic Training Analyst to join our Training & Awareness team as part of the Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO).
As a member of the Chief Data & Analytics Office, you will be part of a team that has enterprise-wide responsibility for optimizing business decision-making, using advanced analytical models, establishing consistent and predictable process execution, measuring performance and process health, focusing our resources on the most critical business issues and driving cross-organizational solutions.
This role will be responsible for the development of frameworks and curation of training resources aimed at the goal of company-wide Data Literacy proficiency. This position develops innovative strategies to connect with internal audiences and advance the engagement of data literacy and data learning across Lockheed Martin.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Support and execute strategy for Analytics training as part of the Chief Data & Analytics Office
• Design, deploy and sustain development experiences including but not limited to digital learning, asynchronous learning, and in-person learning
• Curate learning paths and experiences to meet just in time learning needs
• Provide alignment and governance of enterprise wide data literacy strategy
• Develop and revise curriculum independently to support program requirements.
• Provide instructor-led and web-based training through Lockheed Martin Subject Matter Experts and Third-party Application Software.
• Coordinate with Learning Management System (LMS) administrators to ensure all production organization training requirements are properly tracked and maintained with the LMS.
• Establish strategic curriculum measurements and KPI’s and analyze results.
• Perform in-depth analysis of training efficacy and provide recommendations on curriculum enhancements based on results.
• Identify and manage a vendor and content management strategy to ensure global relevant content and learning experiences
• Partner across the business to understand organizational development needs
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Minimum 3-5 years of progressive responsibility/ experience, including 2 years of experience in learning and development work and/or program management in roles like organizational effectiveness, change management, etc.
• Strong project/program management and organizational skills with the ability to deliver timely, quality products
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to establish and maintain networks and relationships; ability to influence without position power
• Experience designing and leading a broad variety of development solutions and managing their implementation in a global environment
• Passion for training, educating, and enabling others to refine their skills and expand their impact
• Experience understanding adult learning methodologies and experience understanding learning competencies
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities under deadlines
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience working with training and curriculum development with a related degree is desired.
• Excellent strategist with keen creative instincts and expertise influencing leadership
• Ability to work under general direction and develop plans and approaches independently, from conception to execution
• Experience evaluating the effectiveness of programs and interventions
• Prior experience writing internal communications with the ability to convey highly complex informational in clear, compelling ways including writing for the web, video production or internal audiences.
• Understanding of analytics and analysis to influence strategic decisions and direction.
• Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation
• Customer facing architecture, technical sales, or equivalent experience
• Organizational Change Management and Culture Change experience, including leading a change initiative at an enterprise level
• Familiarity with education content design and development
• Ability to collect and interpret metrics to influence strategic direction in training plans.
• Experience working with Agile, SAFe, or similar working method Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Information Technology Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.