Contracts Management / Lvl 2 / Proposal / Negotiation / Arlington, TX
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Management / Lvl 2 / Proposal / Negotiation / Arlington, TX
Description:Are you highly motivated and want a job in an exciting fast-paced world? Want to have the ability to creatively solve problems?
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, encouragement, and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
This Contracts role will support various activities for the PAC-3 Production Contracts Organization within the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Business Unit and is intended for early career professionals with 2-3 years of contracts experience in Defense and Aerospace.
The specific role will entail the following:
• Proposing, negotiating, and administering, standard and nonstandard contracts.
• Helping to evaluate contract performance and assist in determining the necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
• Maintaining effective communication with internal and external customers to ensure timely execution of contractual obligations.
Specific tasks include:
• Providing contractual guidance and support in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, negotiations, administration, and contract closeout.
• Assisting with the preparation of proposals and briefing packages for leadership reviews, participate in fact finding and negotiations; provide risk assessments and offer creative contracting approaches to mitigate risks.
• Drafting business correspondence that results in or influences desired business outcomes, and prepare and issue internal directives (e.g., Contract Authorizations, Proposal Authorizations, etc.).
• Maintaining regular communication with external Customers to ensure timely execution of contract actions, and to keep Customers apprised of issues and the Company’s position on various complex business matters which may arise.
• Ensuring final contract documents are consistent with agreements established during negotiations.
• Investigating and reconciling contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc. and advise management of the Company’s contractual rights and responsibilities.
• Coordinating with Accounting on the submission of invoices and cost vouchers, to ensure timely issuance and collection of financing payments and liquidations.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities for the successful candidate.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
• Basic understanding of the proposal and contracting process
• Strong business acumen with the ability to identify risk elements in business transactions, think analytically, and provide effective guidance towards resolving contractual issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must possess basic Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability/willingness to travel as needed.
•Candidate should be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and achieve program goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
•Candidate should be a proactive self-starter who is detail and teamwork oriented.
•Capable of working independently with general supervision.
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
• Basic knowledge and understanding of FAR/DFARS regulations and DoD/US Government contracts; experience with multiple contract types
• Familiarity with the contracting process; Prior experience working proposals, contract administration, negotiations, and contract close-out.
Security Clearance Statement: This person should have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Arlington — Texas
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map