Business Development Analyst Principal - Crystal City, VA
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Business Development Analyst Principal - Crystal City, VA
Lockheed Martin has been on the leading edge of Space and Defense Innovation for over 100 years. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design & build solutions to some of the nation’s biggest challenges. Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection & build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are seeking a Business Development Analyst Principal within our Military Space, Space Security Team. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance & previous affiliations with the DoD and Intelligence Communities. This role will be located in Washington D.C. in direct support of the area customer base.
In this role, you will focus on capture opportunities within our Defense & Space Security missions that meet Long Range Plan (LRP) requirements. You interface directly with our customers and business leaders to support programs that have direct impact on our LRP. You will use your expertise to address critical customer needs while growing the business and building on the history and success of Lockheed Martin while building on your career achievements.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Develop an overall customer-focused strategic plan focused on both short & long-term growth opportunities.
• Identify & establish key industry partnerships to maximize new business growth within this key customer.
• Support development of a robust LRP with a balance of "A" & "B" orders.
• Actively support capture team on key opportunities.
• Lead efforts with executives to develop & execute strategic growth plans focused on Space Security.
• Collaborate with Engineering Leadership to create technology roadmaps & related Internal Research & Development (IR&D) projects to create discriminators necessary to develop new business.
• Lead the integration & partnership with other Space lines of business related to this customer.
• Maintain accountability to shape & win new business through a balanced focus on customer value, the competitive environment, & the corporation's best interests.
• Develop & maintain effective customer, teammate, & internal relationships.
How to define your success in this position:
• Ability to build strong internal & external networks and teams.
• Success with identifying, shaping, & winning new business.
• Development & growth of new business pipelines.
• Effective use/management of New Business Acquisition Expense (NBAE).
• Effectiveness with Capture Management (leading competitive captures).
• Success with new market penetration.
• Meeting Long Range Plan commitments.
Typically has a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 18 or more years of professional experience; or 15 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits .
• Current TS/SCI clearance required prior to start
• Track record of successful business development within DoD and Intelligence Communities.
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing executives, managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship.
• Experience in milestone / Executive Planning Panels (EPP) process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management.
• Demonstrated ability to serve in the role of a subject matter expert with presentation experience.
• Current TS/SCI clearance w/ CI Poly .
• Previous affiliation with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) and ability to expand support across customers.
• Current experience with Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, Labs and Space organizations (AFRL, SpaceRCO, etc)
• Ability to leverage technical and managerial relationships to assist with the identification of opportunities that align with the Space Security capabilities to include Cyber, Information Technology Systems, Communications, Artificial Intelligence, Battle Management, Command, Control and Communications (BMC3), Space Domain Awareness (SDA), Resilience, Space Control and Space Ground Systems.
• 5 or more years of experience leading programs or proposal teams in medium to large dollar Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)/proposals
• Demonstrated success leading capture teams, strategy development, and customer solutioning.
• Subject Matter Expertise (SME) outside of direct proposal management role, but relevant to LM programs (e.g. Project Management, Program Management, Strategic Planner experience).
• Understand and manage Request for Proposal (RFP) compliance
• Executive level (both corporate and customer) presentation skills.
• Microsoft suite including SharePoint. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. This job will require a work schedule of 9x80 with every other Friday off.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.