Manufacturing Engineering Intern - Archbald, PA
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern - Archbald, PA
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:College Summer Internship as a Manufacturing Engineer supporting electronic assemblies at our Missiles and Fire Control Archbald facility.
Selected candidate will develop and implement Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP's) for a variety of electronic assemblies utilizing basic drafting and software programs to develop MPP's, design tooling, support equipment, and process flows.
Candidate will apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields. Investigate root cause of failures/defects and implement corrective action to support continuous improvement.
Additional responsibilities may include improving manufacturing and business processes, proposal support, coordinating activities with internal customers and any other special projects that may arise.
This position is located at a facility that requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited degree program pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related discipline.
• Experience with AutoCAD, CREO, or equivalent 3D modeling applications
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Selected candidate will work with manufacturing engineers to develop, implement, and review Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP's) for a variety of electronic assemblies (i.e. electro-mechanical assemblies, harnesses, circuit cards, etc.) utilizing basic drafting and software programs to develop MPP's, design tooling, support equipment, work cell/facility layouts, and process flows.
• Candidate will work with manufacturing teams to apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields, investigate root cause of failures/defects, and implement corrective action to support continuous improvement.
• Additional responsibilities may include improving manufacturing and business processes/procedures, proposal support, coordinating activities with internal customers and any other special projects that may arise.
• This position is located at a facility that requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Course work or practical experience with industrial and/or manufacturing engineering.
• Knowledge of ‘Lean’ manufacturing concepts & techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Classroom or work experience with CAD, analysis, requirements skills, engineering skills.
• Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge and/or use of manufacturing/resource system applications such as SAP, MRP, ERP, etc. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.missingAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Part-Time as assigned by leaderClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Call-In Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.