Systems Engineer (Skill Level 2)
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer (Skill Level 2)
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Systems Engineer analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops user documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and results associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Our Program is seeking innovative engineers to support a critical application centered in the Analytic mission as well as modernize the legacy system using a microservices-based architecture and cutting-edge technologies:
- Agile development and delivery of software
- Monolithic Application Support and Maintenance
- Microservices Architecture migration
- User Interface and User Experience with enhanced workflows
- DevSecOps and Automation of CI/CD pipeline
- Help Desk and 24X7 system call-in and on-call support/maintenance
NOTE: This position requires an active security with polygraph and US citizenship for selection.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have excellent benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development and mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
9 years of professional Systems Engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge of the following:
- Scrum methodologies or Kanban experience; supporting CI/CD
- Coordinating with Cyber and system architects and developers to provide oversight in the development of solutions
- Analyzing system requirements
- Providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security , you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Software Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.