System Administrator (Skill Level 1)
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
How to Get a Job in Cybersecurity:
Our Lockheed Martin experts share advice about how to get a cyber job.
We Asked Danielle:
What are some unique perks Lockheed Martin offers to its employees?
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
System Administrator (Skill Level 1)
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Lockheed Martin is looking for a System Administrator to join our team in our Annapolis Junction office. The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
We are looking for an organized, efficient, experienced System Administrator that will implement environments using popular technologies with a highly collaborative team.
- Qualified candidates must have Linux experience.
-Five (5) years’ experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
-Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional Systems Administrator experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Hands-on experience using Centos as a contributor on a development-oriented team
• Demonstrated experience configuring and managing automated build and deploy processes and associated tools such as Ansible.
• Experience in MASH environment
• Must meet CWIP requirements (Security + CE) with active certification
• Demonstrated experience configuring and managing environments, tools, and databases, preferably PostGreSQL
• Demonstrated experience applying IAVA patches across MASH servers
• Demonstrated experience with network management and configuration including security/PKI, debugging, setting up firewalls, etc.
• Must be familiar with corporate STE/STN tools, processes, configuring (e.g. LatteArt, SEAR reporting, UAM, virus, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience of scripting such as bash, cshell, etc.
• Experience in creating SSPs
• Experience in providing ISSO support for ATO prep and execution , addressing POAMs
• Demonstrated experience in creating and using documented procedures checklists to ensure repeatability.
• Hands –on experience with setting up and using system monitoring tools, e.g. Zabbix, Nagios
• Hands experience in capturing metrics system performance, system utilization metrics
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Cyber Security Type: Task Order/IDIQVirtual Location: no Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.