Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
PROGRAM IS SEEKING AN ISSO TO:
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and carrying out information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintain Operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards and procedures are established and followed
- Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirement for processing classified information
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation
- Provides configuration management for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Manges changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTM)
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NISCAP and DIACAP.
NOTE: This position requires an active Department of Defense TS/SCI W/POLY Security Clearance and US citizenship for selection.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have excellent benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s driven and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus Ten (10) Years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Four (4) Years additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offClearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly SP Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Cyber Security Engineering Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.