Aircraft Field Support Engineer (FSE) Senior, F-35 Program
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Aircraft Field Support Engineer (FSE) Senior, F-35 Program
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Field Sustainment Team! This position is located at Luke AFB, Arizona. The successful candidate will act as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics technical interface to the on-site customer (Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from aircraft maintenance or modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft.
The selected candidate will be a Supportable Low Observable (SLO) Field Service Engineer (FSE) and Subject Matter Expert (SME). The individual will also be an emerging authority with the skill set to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of structural repairs on high performance aircraft detail parts, assemblies, installations and finishes. Interested candidates are expected to commit two years on-site.
• Accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of difficulties experienced in the field.
• Attend debriefings to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime.
• Document all unusual operation / maintenance problems to ensure the company is apprised of and can identify emerging failure trends.
• Initiate Action Requests (ARs). Identify unique operational problems that require technical, procedural, or quality assurance actions to resolve. Provide on-site assistance to company and customer personnel initiating ARs.
• Provide training to customer personnel. Must be able to work and interact with the maintainer as well as the professional engineers from other F-35 companies as a peer.
• Some travel required; candidates must be willing and able to deploy with customer to possible hazardous duty locations. Long term deployments may be required. US Department of Defense (DoD) mandated vaccinations may be required.
• Applicant must be able to work and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves significant and continued interface with customer personnel at all levels.
• Provide support for the assigned site on aircraft ground maintenance and operational limitations. Direct on-site support as requested by customer, site manager or program management. Lead and track multiple engineering efforts and provide periodic status to customer and program management.
• Must be able to obtain F-35 Special Program Access. Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that will require special access.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• 7 years of professional military aircraft experience
• Experience must include at least 3 years of Structures and Low Observable experience on 5th Generation Aircraft (F-22 and/or F-35).
• Experience with most types of aircraft materials and fabrication processes such as composites, metals, harness wiring, tubing, ducting, and general engineering principles.
• Basic structural analysis and solution development experience
• Experience with drawing/blueprint reading, interpretation and process specifications
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Civil Engineering
• Material Review experience
• JSF tools and processes including PDM, JDL, VAS, ALIS and QADs
• Technical Report writing
• Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) license
• Military Fighter Aircraft experience
• Working knowledge of CATIA V4/V5 & System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE)
• Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Product Support Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.